1950 dodge truck tribute to my son

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fixin'

started banging out the fender today, seems to be very savable, the valance/headlight area is going to be little tougher but should bang out 0K and a little welding to fix the few little tears at the mounting point for the fender and headlight attachment area.:D[;)

a big big thank you to every one who PMed me with offers of parts.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• 14199774.jpg
    14199774.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 14226877.jpg
    14226877.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 35
Dang Skull that is great news...

started banging out the fender today, seems to be very savable, the valance/headlight area is going to be little tougher but should bang out 0K and a little welding to fix the few little tears at the mounting point for the fender and headlight attachment area.:D[;)

a big big thank you to every one who PMed me with offers of parts.

Terrible she got damaged....those June pic's are great...I bet that did brighten the month of June....I'm glad you had some good memories to work off of..
Good luck with the fix...sure she'll be good as ne....ahhh...old... soon...:D

Hi Skull
How are repairs coming along. i hope you're rolling soon.

gettin' fixed, the fender came out good after we took it and beat on it awhile, a nice lady donated 2 headlight rings and friends are helping a ton.

going to stick here in the garage for the winter and fix a few other niggly things while she's apart.

good to hear from ya.

WOW! I just got the word, too. Glad it was a small bump, and no one was hurt. The fender looks almost good as old already. Did someone already say that? Well, I agree.

Take care,
S

parts

l found a parts truck with everything l need to get the front end fixed,[cl

the whole truck is cheaper to buy than just the parts l need.

other cool thing is the parts truck has a title and my friend is going to use the 1952 grille off a parts truck l have to make one outta two so we are saving another one from the crusher and returning her to the road.

post some pics of the stuff when l get it home.

parts truck

here is the replacement grille.. a little hammer & dolly work and color match the patina on it to mine and it should like great.

some pics of the whole truck...

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
My brother is looking for one of those. His Dakota daily driver is rusty but the chassis is good for a swap.

new parts

getting ready to pull the front-end off of the "new" truck l drug home and a friend come over the other day and said he already has one he's parting out so he got me the front-end pieces to fix Alice, so's l better get my butt on that task.

Sept 7-1O is "the rod run to the end of the world" and l plan on taking her this year.

S0 now l don't need the "new" parts for Alice my roommate is going to fix up the other 1/2 ton truck l drug home. he is not using the 1948 nose, says he like the 1952 one better, fine with me, were trading noses so l am putting the 1948 stuff on the 1952 car hauler cab.

the "New" one is a 3 window and he wants a 5 window with a extended cab. so he is going to make her into an extra cab and since l have 1952 cab in horrible shape we are going to take 2 cabs and make one.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• valance for alice 002.jpg
    valance for alice 002.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Interesting Pilothouse projects going on. Be sure to keep us posted. Stretched cabs are always on my radar.

Latest posts

Back