dash help..please

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainrat

try en to figure out were or if to sec. a dash out of a 50 chevy car to use in the 38 . need to take 2 to 2.5 " out fo the lighter part it to make it work . anyone done this ,have any ideas as to best place to cut .
want to keep "grill" whole . and the glovebox door has a curve to it not shur how to match if thats cut

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 35
dont know what the 2 hollow areas are youd be cutting but you could do those two cuts fairly simple and go to the left or the right of where the steering column is.
cuttingdash.jpg

sad to say other than that - the easiest way to be to take that "grill" :) right down the center and remove two or so of the bars

yeah I agree, I would section the grill. Overall the look might be better because it will keep the proportions of the sides matching. At least the lines on the grill are vertical not horizontal. that would be a pain.

i see what you saying about cuttin the grill to keep things porportions right .
how would i "weld " the to peaces back together, it s pot metel

If a couple of in is all it needs off I would take it off the ends, plus if you have to fab it into the door jambs and the scars wont be out in the middle of the dash. Just have to deal with the column alignment.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 10
I would cut the center section you should be able to braze the grill back together or if you know anyone with a tig welder that would be the best.

You might remove the shiney stuff cut out what is needed then try to cut the shiney to hide the scar.Its hard to say without knowing measurements and where and which way things can be removed.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back