does this count?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainrat

pic of my 72 chevy truck its not a car but it is from the age of muscle.

Attachments

• 100_0915.jpg
    100_0915.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_0910.jpg
    100_0910.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_0914.jpg
    100_0914.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 43
darn s.o.l. again . now its just a 350 it was a nasty 350 but tryen to keep it cool and from pinging on the steet was not worken out so swaped the heads out for some low comp. heads, did this before the price of alum.
heads got with in reach been looken in to them that may happen next spring.

pic of my 72 chevy truck its not a car but it is from the age of muscle.

I'm working on a 69 and have a few questions. Did you do drop spindles or just springs? Do you know if you can use the drum brakes with drop spindles and then up grade to disc brakes using the same spindles. ( just not ready to give up the dollars yet for disc) Did you use the stock steering column? What steering wheel are you running? Thanks for your time.

dwf
the truck is lowerd with springs , but in hind sight i would have gone with the drop spindles.
i have not looked into it in a while but i think that you can up grade the brakes / spindles using 73 to mid 80s truck from a yard . dont remember if its a stock 73 ball joint or a aftermarket ball joint part .
i dont know if you can use the drums on the drop s or not but call and ask the maker they would tell you .
still using the stock column the wheel is not stock it was on the truck when i got it , i liked it so it stayed

I`d say it counts[cl[cl. I like what you have done to clean up the side by putting late model door handles:D

thanks every one for the the kind words .
the cool part of those handles is that it was so easy and simple to do , it uses the fac. inner door stuff no rods or cables . bilt a top heavy lever bolted to handle and it strikes the fac. piece

I'd say it counts, nice ride! Like DWF, I'm also building a '69 with a 396, I just picked it up, so it's going to be some time before it sees the road again.

Latest posts

Back