'34 Opel Six

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookie's Customs

Hello my name is Wim,i am from Holland and i am trying to build my first RatRod.
Here is the car when i bought it.

dirty-seven-002.jpg

dirty-seven-003-1.jpg

dirty-seven-005.jpg

Last edited:
some weeks ago i found a body on the internet to make the car compleet.

Afb0433_resize.jpg

Afb0434_resize.jpg

Because the car was from Germany i had the car registered in Holland.

HPIM4845_resize.jpg

HPIM4846_resize.jpg

HPIM4847_resize.jpg

I got the papers so i can start the build.
First i removed the fenders and i hve dicided they stay off.[dr

HPIM4848_resize.jpg

I like the way the front axle looks with the weird suspension.

HPIM4852_resize.jpg

HPIM4854_resize.jpg

opel

wim nice project you have.never seen one before.seems a shame not to use the front fenders they are a lovley shape. nunattax

That has got to be one of the most unusual suspensions I've ever seen! It's cool though, I'm glad you are keeping it.

What are you going to do with the rear of the car? It would look nice if you got rid of that trunk sticking out and just made it smooth. Easier said than done of course...:D

That has got to be one of the most unusual suspensions I've ever seen! It's cool though, I'm glad you are keeping it.

What are you going to do with the rear of the car? It would look nice if you got rid of that trunk sticking out and just made it smooth. Easier said than done of course...:D

Getting rid of the trunk was the plan,but how is the question[S
But i will find a way to do it,also a chop and a 4 to 2 door conversion are on that list.

Cool car. Fenderless!

Cut off the trunk sides, fold it forward and use the roof section of the first car to patch in the rest.

I like that car and looks like your doing a great job on that frame. What are you doing with the engine,keeping the original one?

thanks guys,its my first time doing this, i only did seventies and eighties cars till now so this is all new to me.
the original engine goes out, there are no parts available so i was thinking a small block chevy v8

today i completed the front of the frame and tomorrow i will start with the back,see how that goes [;)

dirtysix011.jpg

dirtysix012.jpg

dirtysix013.jpg

wim nice project you have.never seen one before.seems a shame not to use the front fenders they are a lovley shape. nunattax

Yeah--I agree--nice fenders--maybe put them on the back somehow? I like fenders like that.

I like the Z frame work, stacking triangles with the internal pieces is a good idea. You might do a single plate mid frame gusset on the inside of each corner in the top and bottom. It would ease the transition and make it not so abrupt, and stiffen it even more.

Interesting project--shows some thought.

Thanks for showing us the work.

PA41

Nice work so far, and I really like the body style. Have you thought about going with a very heavy section instead of chopping it? Maybe you could take 6 or 8 inches off the bottom? Interesting build keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back