MOPAR day at the local track

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat'l Trap

Every year the local drag strip holds a "show & tell" day for older Mopars. Others are welcome too, so a string of V8 Triumph TR7s showed up but didnt race. Some nice stuff there. And who doesnt like listening to a well built 440?

Click on pic to enlarge. Enjoy!

The 60 Pontiac has been a race car it's whole life. Originally owned and raced by Gene Calhoun of Calhoun Seed Shop in Alexandria Va. Speed shop was one of the first in Va. probably opened the doors in the late 50s. Gene set many stock and super stock records with that car. The man who owns it now has kept it in perfect condition and it still has a real Pontiac engine, now with aluminum heads and probably all the best parts money can buy. It weighs close to 4k and will run low 11s on the motor. He races it at all the local nostalgia shows, I love to watch that car run...thanks for the pictures.

I learned something that day about Pontiacs. That car was a Ventura, which I only knew as a early 70's Nova lookalike. My then soon-to-be wife drove her family's into another car when the Ventura was only 3 weeks old...But I digress.
The 60 Ventura in question here was absolutely no joke. Must have been a killer motor, because he got down the 1/4 in a BIG hurry. I was impressed.
Thanks for the background info.

Love a Mopar

Looks like a fun day.
I got some good news tonight.Our local track ,Midway Dragway,in Greeleyville S.C. is open again.[cl
They raced last thursday night.Got to find a weekly schedule so I can see some drag racing this summer.[dr
They used to race saturday night.

By the pics it kinda reminds me of Mason-Dixon. Nice pics. thanks for sharing.

i am a true amc man and no matter how hard people try that javilin will never be a mopar. great mopar pics and i do i like them too.

By the pics it kinda reminds me of Mason-Dixon. Nice pics. thanks for sharing.
only about 40 minutes away. Havent been there this year, but the red 68 Dart on the trailer has. His nephew is the starter there. Keeps bugging me to come out and put on the hearing protection and stand at the starting line with him. Gonna take him up on that invite soon. [cl

went to MD way back. one of the neatest times was when Art Arfons had his Green Moster jet rail there. even tho I grew up in NY, we spent every summer @ my aunt & uncle's farm in Smithsburg. Great Times !!!

Latest posts

Back