When life gives you lemons...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScaryVoodooGirl

you pout and throw a bit of a fit....

woke up to a text this morning from my friend back in Oregon...turns out the lady I was supposed to be buying the '67 Galaxie off of is getting a divorce and her soon to be ex has sold the car. Innitially the two of them were going to hang onto it until I got back to the States where I would pay them the price of the car plus storage...but turns out he decided differently. The thing that really bums me out is I had offered to wire/paypal/whatever money to them upon agreeing to buy the car and they both told me to wait until I saw them in the spring. Soooo, no Galaxie for me.:(:(:( but this does free up some extra cash for the route 66 trip and vacation in Long Beach...so, that's a brighter side, I guess?

I'm glad to here the Route 66 trip is still on [cl
I'm looking forward to meeting whoever gets on the train and rolls through my area :D

Lemons....

attachment.php

Attachments

• lemons.jpg
    lemons.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 105
Hey girl, everything works out for a reason. I had the same thing happen on a one owner 49 Fleetline. He wouldn't let me pay for it when we made the deal, says pay me when you come get it. I went back several times, even got the car up out of the dirt and on rolling stock. One day I went when he was there and the car was gone, sold it to someone else. Oh, well, there's always plenty more.

"With friends like these, who needs enemies?" If these "friends" are willing to break their word to you, you're better off without them and their car.

The minute you hear "divorce" all bets are off. To modify and abuse another cliche'...

"All's fair in love and war... pass the body bags".

"With friends like these, who needs enemies?" If these "friends" are willing to break their word to you, you're better off without them and their car.

The minute you hear "divorce" all bets are off. To modify and abuse another cliche'...

"All's fair in love and war... pass the body bags".

My thoughts too, people don't make rational decisions during times of duress, quite often it's slash and burn.

http://denver.craigslist.org/search...ype=T&zoomToPosting=&minAsk=&maxAsk=&hasPic=1

Of course the one you found in Oregon may have been mint for cheap?

Think I might hold off a bit (although that one for only $600 looks mighty tempting...and I DO have some people in Colorado....hmmm) hahaha. really though, I'm just going to focus on making the Comet cherry and have fun driving it for a while until something else catches my eye. I'm planning on being in Long Beach the beginning of June for the Ink and Iron tattoo show and there's always beautiful cars rolling around...and H always has his eye open for new projects in Phoenix. I have no doubt I'll be able to find another fun car to work with when I decide!

Everything happens for a reason...sometimes it is in your favor.
Back in the day I went to see an MGA that needed a rear axle. I agreed to buy the car and went to a junkyard and got a rear. When I went back to get the car, the D-bag sold it out from under me IN 1 DAY. He told me the buyer's phone number so I might sell the rear to him. When I caught up with the new owner I found out that the motor was NOT recently rebuilt as advertised, but full of sawdust to keep it quiet. When I heard that, I was like "What???" :eek: AMF! Hope you enjoy your new car!

soooooooooooooooooooo. I bought a motorbike. Over here anyways. Might ship it over next year, but at least now I have a bike to ride while I'm here. 1997 Honda Shadow 600 that's been bobbed. Well is being bobbed.

IMG_51731_zps04382101.jpg

Oh yeah...and I get to drive/work on this while I'm here. A friend lost her license and asked me to drive/look after her car while I'm here. She needs love...lots of it...but drives well. Already spent my day off giving her a tuneup and taking her out for a cruise for an hour or so in the sun.
IMG_51951_zpsa148fa4e.png

When life gives you lemons, find somebody who life gave Vodka!:D

Glad it worked out for you, just be careful on that scooter!

Zipper

Latest posts

Back