You won't have me to kick around anymore !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Well, at least not all the time. :) I went in for that job interview today and I start tomorrow. Going back to the boat business that I retired from a couple years ago. The industry was in the tank back then but it seems to be recovering.

More than the money it will be great to be working again. I really HATED being retired and was aging more in the past 3 years than I had in the previous 10. The extra income won't be a bad thing either, it was tough not having mad money to spend on important things, like chrome and speed parts! [ddd:D

This will also help me achieve another one of my 2013 goals, to lose some weight. I also know the manager of the place, he and I worked together years ago and we got along great. I'm really excited.

Don

Last edited:
Don,
That's great! I have been retired for about a year and I am tired of it.....I thought it would be great to have all the time to do all the things I dreamed of, but now I can't afford to do them. so I am looking for a part time job myself. Good luck to you and please try to get back to RRR when you can, your personalty and build skills will be very much missed. Thank you for some great and entertaining threads.

How dare you come outta retirement!!! Congrats Don... I guess we can expect your new ride to be solid chrome now?! [cl

BoB

The only reason you retired was to get past the 8,000 post mark anyway so, admit it [ddd
Retirement is not all it's cracked up to be if, you're not independently wealthy ya know :cool:
I know what my future has in store for me.
Getting back to something else you like will give you a variety ;)

Congrdulations Don, you sound excited.:) I tried retirment but I got bored too, just not enough money to keep busy. I think it's important to stay active, it will help you live longer...:D

Good for you Don...I was retired for 3 years, got bored. Also, unless you have lots of money, retirement isnt that much fun....Now I work a few days a week driving a van for NAPA....love it.

Good for you , Don. Ya gotta do what fits you and your interests.

I've been retired for 16 years and have not been tempted to return to work. Stayed plenty busy building a dozen cars, planting 1,200 trees and shrubs, mowing an acre and a half with a walk behind Lawnboy.

Then there's Wednesday lunch, Thursday garage night and Sunday breakfast all with different groups of aged (for the most part) hot rodders.

Babysitting two little grandkids twice a week wears the little woman and me out too.

It wold be nice to have more spending money but I can't work as fast anymore so I don't spend as fast.

Sure hope you find time to be a frequent contributor. We need you.

As you know, it won't seem much like work if you are having fun doing it. Sail on.

We have 14,571 registered members. If we all kick in $2 apiece we can hire Don as our resident guru for only $29,142 a year. Well worth it imho!!!!!! and it would be tax free under the table. How about it Don?[dr

Hey Don congrats on the new adventure. All of us are going to miss reading all the various posts that you contribute. Does the new place of employment have internet access? Can you slip over to the keyboard every once in awhile?

Guys I just noticed that he hasn't responded since the thread started. You think he's still taking a nap?

Don WAKE UP!!! It's time to go to WORK!!!

Best of luck! Hope you really enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back