the 'Thing'

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailhead

I ran out of something to work on a while back so I started building this 'Thing'. I didn't know if it would ever turn into any 'Thing' so I didn't take any pics along the way. Not that it's starting to look like some 'Thing' I am having a hard time finding where to post a pic of it. I figured that if a rodded golf cart is ok here then this 'Thing' might be too. At least its Nailhead powered! Rest started out as a 1965 Cub Cadet hydrostatic drive garden tractor. Borrowed some old boat headers from a buddy, widened a pair of stock 15x6 wheels to 15x14 to mount the MT sportsman LT tires on the back. Tractor already had 5x4-1/2 bolt pattern on the back axle. Engine is mounted backwards and hydrostatic drive runs off of a pulley driven by a belt connected to an extra pulley on the waterpump. Had to do this to make the wheels turn the right way.

How big of deck are you going to use? 5' underneath or something on the rear? Personally, I'd use a rear mount deck that way it will double as your wheelie bars too! :D

Insane. [cl

don't take this the wrong way.

please don't move to my neighborhood, It took many years to train my neighbors not to make a lot of noise before noon, as I like to sleep in on my days off.

You are going to have to wear a fire suit to keep from roasting alive.:D

Had to loose the headers. I'd have to climb over the rear tire to get on and off. All I need is a huge brand from a header pipe on an arm. I had to put them on to take a pic or two though. I've got some stock manifolds on it now and will get some pipes run under the rear.

don't take this the wrong way.

please don't move to my neighborhood, It took many years to train my neighbors not to make a lot of noise before noon, as I like to sleep in on my days off.

Reply with your address, I may make an early morning pass or two if your not too far off [ddd

Dude,

Lots of video of the first wheelie, your heirs can sell the video to "a thousand ways to die". Better yet tell us when and where I want to be there.

Don

Don't plan on any wheelies. I geared this thing down using appropriate sized pulleys. All I've done so far is run it on jack stands and right now it looks like about 10-15 mph will be the max. May eventually have to gear it up a tad. Should be a good swap meet cruiser. The hydrostatic drive can be controlled by the shift lever from a crawl to wide open.

Present view from rear

Latest posts

Back