Paint opinions for my ride ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fyomf.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 29
Well, I finally have it in the shop, sanded down, fitting the new hood, and closer to some fresh paint. I have decided to go with a solid color,"Hugger Orange" and have some pin work done.

0315141326.jpg

0315141335.jpg

0315141336.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the results DR....what are you planning to do with the grille insert now?

....nice car.....really nice.

instead of a black grille insert why not take a page from the original idea. shoot the grille shell, wheels and maybe the frame bright white or antique white. the small bits of contrast will make the parts stand out and the orange pop. you can use white silver and black pinstripes to accent.

just a thought.

He's got those polished aluminum weld's, so he's kind of stuck with a pro-street look. I don't know if the color scheme you're suggesting really goes with that look. At least what I'm picturing in my head doesn't, but that might not mean much.

He's got those polished aluminum weld's, so he's kind of stuck with a pro-street look. I don't know if the color scheme you're suggesting really goes with that look. At least what I'm picturing in my head doesn't, but that might not mean much.

+1 Kinda my thinking also...[P

I hope that's not duck tape I see used as masking. It leaves all sorts of residue, and is a mess to get off. Should have used light green 3M or very least the blue. Good luck shooting the paint.

Finally making some head way on the paint process. Have all the cutting in done. Now put together and ready for final painting.

Attachments

• Get attachment3.jpg
    Get attachment3.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 14
  • GetAttachment5.jpg
    GetAttachment5.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 14
  • GetAttachment1.jpg
    GetAttachment1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 11
  • GetAttachment2.jpg
    GetAttachment2.jpg