A cool hotrod shop I delivered too

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I delivered a crusty 59 brookwood 2dr wagon to the guys at hotrods and custom stuff in SoCal the other day. They appear to do some amazing work and build some amazing cars. I could of just hung out in their shop all day looking at the projects. They probably had 10 builds going on at the same time. Check out some of the stuff they have built.

http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/projects.html

They also have a huge inventory of new stuff for sale in their showroom.

Friend of mine just got hired on at Chuck's Speed Shop here in Phoenix. He said his first day (Monday), the boss gave him the keys to a 700 hp Chevelle with a 6 spd and said "go drive it," then a 500 hp Ford shoebox with a 5 spd, then an 800 hp Dodge Charger ('69). He comes back and the boss says, "now you know what we do." They stock ONLY high end performance parts and make everything on site. Everything is AN fittings and steel braided lines, computerized EFI and on and on. I hope they have an open house one day!!! ;)

Last edited:
I'd be real curious to see what happens to the wagon you dropped.

Well it appears that they will become a regular customer of mine. I really went out of my way with this wagon and I think it will pay off so maybe I will be able to get some after shots.

The guy who I assume runs the place was very cool and didn't turn his nose up at me like some of the big shops do. He showed me the aftermarket chassis that will go in the wagon and gave me a little insite on the build. I'm sure it will be bad @ss just like everything else that was there.

Small world isn't it. The young man that I dealt with is named JD. That's the only name that I got.

Eric that is one of the primer shops in this area, I've know randy and his wife for some 25 yrs. Didn't know that's where you were in Escondido.

Met him a year after they opened, needed some fender work on my 56 F100, fiberglass needed to be widened and shortened, i don't do glass. Great job back then and just getting better.
I'll have to swing by and see what the wagon's doing in a month or so.

PU007a_zps6d81d813.png

Like I said it's a small world. Hopefully I'll be delivering more stuff to them and can check it out myself. :D

Latest posts

Back