`54/`90 shop truck / bike hauler

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any more pics of the hammerform process? truck is looking good!

anything particular? not that much hammer forming going on in that piece. On the centre section I stump shrunk the edges and used the e-wheel to planish it , then welded it in.
The beads were done with the bead roller... [S :D Pre-stretched the bead areas on the e-wheel, but with 7/8" or so wide beads, still a whole bunch of distortion. The folded edges that meet the kick panels were beat into submission with hammer and dolly...

oh yea, the hole for the column was hammer formed. Bolted a plywood mould to the panel and worked the metal slowly around the edge.

Last edited:
widening the fenders 4" each.... just forgot to bring the camera :p Beat the grill back into shape after it got hit by a road crossing phone pole or tree... euh...forgot the cam... :rolleyes::eek:
but hey... here`s da floor :D

seats will be leather Volvo S60. Position and comfort are great :)

anything particular? not that much hammer forming going on in that piece. On the centre section I stump shrunk the edges and used the e-wheel to planish it , then welded it in.
The beads were done with the bead roller... [S :D Pre-stretched the bead areas on the e-wheel, but with 7/8" or so wide beads, still a whole bunch of distortion. The folded edges that meet the kick panels were beat into submission with hammer and dolly...

oh yea, the hole for the column was hammer formed. Bolted a plywood mould to the panel and worked the metal slowly around the edge.

haha cool. I just saw the hammers in the pics and assumed thats what was used. super clean job!

sooo... finally got some work done on this project. First time I build a fender this big ... now the other side in half the hrs :)

Attachments

• IMGP9688.jpg
    IMGP9688.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMGP9700.jpg
    IMGP9700.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMGP9689.jpg
    IMGP9689.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMGP9695.jpg
    IMGP9695.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 77
nope... not the same dutch. Also ,I don`t see the need of lead on a panel like that where you can reach everything with hammer & dolly [S

Thanks for the comments. I`m pretty happy with how it turned out.

Latest posts

Back