Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a darn show truck![ddd[cl

The deal is, don't drink coffee. Then there's no reason to go back in the house.

Moving right along on the wiring. I got the in cab partly done. Still lack the wipers, the heat/ac, radio, interior dome lights and brake light switch. All of which are yet to be installed.

I'm having a hard time spending much time on this project this time of the year. I try to get a little done ever day. My biggest issue is I don't want to quit in the middle of a task or I might forget where I was. Must be gettin old or some thing.

Some days I go out there and light the propane heater and just sit In front of it trying t figure out what to do. Then I get up, turn the heater off and go back to house and make another pot of coffee.

May be tomorrow seems to be a common plan for me lately.

I hear you. Some days I go to the garage, grab a pop and sit on a stool, look at all the projects I have to do, then when I finish the pop go back in the house.

Some days that's what you need to do. You'll get the motivation back.

I did that for about three weeks on the 52 AD I'm building and finally started getting back in the groove of working on it.
You'll get there, that's why they're called a project.

It's a darn show truck![ddd[cl

The deal is, don't drink coffee. Then there's no reason to go back in the house.

Not a show truck for sure. Don't look real close.

Torchie building these things and coffee are my only two real pleasures in life lately[maybe obsessions]. You wouldn't deprive a brother would you?

I hear you. Some days I go to the garage, grab a pop and sit on a stool, look at all the projects I have to do, then when I finish the pop go back in the house.

Some days that's what you need to do. You'll get the motivation back.

I did that for about three weeks on the 52 AD I'm building and finally started getting back in the groove of working on it.
You'll get there, that's why they're called a project.

I'm glad to hear there's others that suffer from these minor set backs. After Wednesday I'll probably take a break and do the family thing for a week or so.

I finally cut a Willys Overland script on my Plasmacam CNC table today. It turned out pretty good to start with.
I cut the holes out in the lettering and plan on putting in the relief areas like the example. I don't know who posted the picture of logo laying on the anvil but that is what I used to scan into my computer. Thanks to who ever posted that.

And then more wiring. I put an amber light in the rear for the dog, He doesn't like the dark while traveling. And a white light up front on separate switches.
More wiring tomorrow....

Attachments

• IMG-5120.jpg
    IMG-5120.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 25
  • WILLYS OVERLAND SCRIPT.jpg
    WILLYS OVERLAND SCRIPT.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-5124.jpg
    IMG-5124.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-5126.jpg
    IMG-5126.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 24
This build is awesome!
I have builders block also. I think we all get it.

It will turn out killer when its done!

This build is awesome!
I have builders block also. I think we all get it.

It will turn out killer when its done!

Thank you.
I just have these moments where there is so much that needs to done I can't decide what needs to be at the top of the to do list.

One step at a time.

Reverse progress....

I started putting the front tin on only to find that the power steering lines won't clear the bottom of radiator [S[S:eek::eek: so back to the drawing board. Maybe next week.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.

Attachments

• IMG-5148.jpg
    IMG-5148.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-5150-1.jpg
    IMG-5150-1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-5160.jpg
    IMG-5160.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-5159.jpg