Not your father's Nomad

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mean to start no fights and I don't doubt Torchie could do some fine improvements but the only thing I ever liked about those long roofs (we called them "ships") was the fact that they gave you plenty of room for a midnight rodeo with your woman of choice on Friday night...:eek::rolleyes::D
Apparently my girlfriend's father thought the same thing about my 57 Ranch wagon with the mattress in the back. He told me in no uncertain terms that I was not taking his daughter out in that car. So he let me borrow his early 60s Rambler. Remember those ugly cars with the fold down front seats? I wasn't even a "cowboy" yet! :D

Then came the van craze. I wonder how many little bast... I mean, illegitimate children were conceived in one of these. :p

attachment.php

Attachments

• fp 371.jpg
    fp 371.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 43
Torchie, I'm echoing Smallfoot's thoughts. I'm not belittling your tin wizardry, but, "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".
As far as 'midnight rodeos' are concerned, I restrained myself, ----------- to ordinary sized cars.

They are great haulers.
I have a soft spot for wagons which you may have been able to notice by my remarks.
I stated to drive and by them back in the 70’s before they were considered cool.
56 Olds.
57 Chevy
73 Plymouth Fury( Talk about a boat)
62 Ford Country Squire
89 Mercury Grand Marquise.
All great vehicles.
Torchie

The only other classic wagon I owned was in the early 70's, a mint condition but slightly faded two tone green 1956 Ford Parklane, a two door, Fords' answer to the Nomad. Still had the button tarp to cover the rear bed area. I got it from a retired airline pilot. I flipped it and made a small profit but that was one I wish I had kept.

I'm a card carrying member of the Impala club and used to go to the meets all over before I got too old. I've seen some done up pretty nice and running in the 11's at the track....but I've still never wanted one. :)

Latest posts

Back