Hello from Louisiana

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jonathan, and am from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I've been obsessed with rods in general since I was fairly young, and am finally thinking about taking on the project of building one.

I'll probably just lurk around for a bit, and read up on some info to get an idea of what I want to do. I am a college student right now, so my first build may not be that elaborate as I can't really afford it right now.

I know for sure that I want to try an find a 1940's-50's truck, preferably a chevy, and chop the top and shorten the bed. I love the way those rat rods look.

Whelp anyways, I guess that about sums up things. I've already looked around a bit, and am really liking the way the forum is set up, and the projects posted.

Jonathan

Welcome to RRR Jonathan. Dreams do come true. Start collecting parts and pieces now and store them away till you have enough to start a project. I am sure the folks around here will be more than willing to give you good advise and not steer you wrong. We all want safety first in any build. Have fun and good luck. Keep us posted.

Welcome Jonathan! Thats the great thing about rat rods, you can use parts from all over and save yourself some money doing it. Good luck in your search. Make sure to post up some pictures when you find something.

welcome to the site....one of the joys of rat rodding is working with more imagination than money!:D find what you want, that's in your price range, and just have fun...don't worry about buying elaborate expensive parts, just scrounge junkyards and backyards till you can find parts to work with...keep it simple, keep it safe..and remember to keep us posted:rolleyes::D

...and maybe explain the "i see purple people alot"....working around a morgue?!:eek: just kidding/curious though

welcome to the site....one of the joys of rat rodding is working with more imagination than money!:D find what you want, that's in your price range, and just have fun...don't worry about buying elaborate expensive parts, just scrounge junkyards and backyards till you can find parts to work with...keep it simple, keep it safe..and remember to keep us posted:rolleyes::D

...and maybe explain the "i see purple people alot"....working around a morgue?!:eek: just kidding/curious though

Haha, I actually came up with this name a few years ago, and am not sure why exactly I choose it. I've just kinda stuck with it ever since.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I appreciate it :). I hope to contribute to the community shortly, and am already in the process of searching for parts.

Welcome purple. I thought you were another Minnesota Vikings purple people eater at first. Lesson #1...patience. Don't rush into anything, but also don't let a great opportunity pass you by. You'll figure out the rest fromt here.

welcome to 3r

Attachments

• warning.jpg
    warning.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back