Turn signal switch

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So I am in the process of rewiring the 65 Ford pickup that I have been working on. I've come to the interior where I need to wire in the steering column. The problem is all the wiring diagrams I can find and the one that came with my harness do not even come close to matching the color combinations that come out of this column. I have dug around on a couple F100 sites looking at different columns and different color combinations. I cannot find one like this. To be honest the closest one I have found is a 65 Mustang, but it is not right either. I would pull the steering wheel off of it and look at my connections on the interior of the column and the turn signal switch but someone along the way has welded a washer on to the column instead of the nut that is supposed to hold the steering wheel on. Has anyone else ran into anything random like this. I'm not wondering if the reason that the washer is welded on there and the color combinations do not coincide with each other. I'm wondering if somebody tore this column apart years ago to replace the blinker switch in it with an aftermarket one. And in the process they screwed up the steering column nut and welded a washer on there

Scratch that fellas my suspicions were correct, the turn signal switch has been replaced in this truck with an aftermarket one and the color codes do not match the factory. My guess would be is that is why the steering wheel is welded to the steering shaft. Some people should have their thumbs cut off[S

I would replace the column. or at least take it apart and make sure it is reassembled safely.

I cant take it apart lol. Its welded together:mad:

The scary thing is is the owner of this truck has driven it for years this way

Time for a new column, or at least a good used one. That era Ford is plentiful...

Yes the problem with that is the owner is tired of spending money, or his wife is one of the two LOL. I will have to give him a call here so we can get this figured out for sure

It seems they all get tired of spending money when you get about half to three quarter the way done.
I think it's their way of suggesting, you charge too much which, we all know what it takes to get a project finished.

It seems they all get tired of spending money when you get about half to three quarter the way done.
I think it's their way of suggesting, you charge too much which, we all know what it takes to get a project finished.

All three of my big customer builds have been at the I'm tired of spending money point when I start wiring them. But yet all three of my customer builds have had leather seats and fancy doodads everywhere. I have convinced him that we need to change the column it wasn't very hard wants it to be safe also. I'm going to go dig around and see if I can find one of the same color and if not I will get this one and replace the insides of it with a good steering shaft

Custom!?!?

Attachments

• 20181204_161821.jpg
    20181204_161821.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 32
So I started powering things up on the truck last nigh. I have both blinkers but no brake lights. I have powe going through the brake light switch then heading up the column. But no lights, I'm assuming that this will blinker switch that I cant get out due to the moded steering column has some thing to due about it:mad:

Latest posts

Back