Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Questions/Suggestions

Questions/Suggestions Questions or suggestions about the forum... don't be shy!

Old 09-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

i like the fallen rodder with the date.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:45 AM
Still crazy after all these years!

I've been around this site for quite a while and can only think of two members who have passed on. And I can't remember the name of the first member. I did send a card when he was gravely ill. Members disappear from the site without a word so we don't know the reason. Hard to know if someone has gone to the great car show in the sky. I like the idea of memorializing members who have died.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

You're right Bob, lots of them we never know what happened. Most of us that post regularly are a pretty close group though, most of us know at least one other member personally, some even more. That is where I was leading this, those that are somewhat regular on here. For sure there's no way to know about all of them.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I'm like bob i have been here since the beginning and can only recall two and can't remember the others name.

Update search doesn't with a phone. I found it was hydrocarbon rocket was the other member I remember.

Last edited by 26Troadster; 09-09-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:44 PM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

I think some of that problem is because we don't usually take the time to instruct just a few trustworthy people to make some sort of post on the forums we belong to. I have instructions to my daughter and nephew who are both executors of my will to make a post on my forums for me when I go. Leave the name of the forum and the password to get in too...
Old 09-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
I think some of that problem is because we don't usually take the time to instruct just a few trustworthy people to make some sort of post on the forums we belong to. I have instructions to my daughter and nephew who are both executors of my will to make a post on my forums for me when I go. Leave the name of the forum and the password to get in too...
Good advice small foot. Iíve instructed my wife to do the same, my passwords are saved in chrome and Firefox.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

anymore thoughts on this?
Old 12-06-2018, 12:18 AM

Nothing to add on this topic but it makes me wonder about all the loose ends my dad may have had when he passed a couple years ago.

He was not active on forums (that I know of) but we did a mediocre job of notifying everyone and did not have a memorial service (long story).

He was sick for about two years before passing and had said his goodbyes to those who knew him well.

On the bright side, he did a decent job of selling or giving away many of the unique things he had accumulated.