How much did you pay for fuel today ??$$??$$

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diesel $4.39, gas $3.75, Washington state.:mad:
but on the bright side, it only takes a few minutes to put $20.00 in the tank, much quicker than it used to be!

Yesterday in New Orleans it was $3.78/ gallon.

It costs me right around $150 to fill the F250, two tanks, and lasts about 2 weeks if I just go to work and back.

A few years ago when gas was up about the same I was going to buy a truck that is better on gas. After the payment, increased insurace, difference in mileage I decided to keep old green. $240 a month for gas + $30 for liability and no payment. Hmmm Cheaper to pay high gas than buy a new one that only gets another 5 mpg.

$1.26 per litre here today, X 3.8 = US gallon. We are loweer then most an it has to trucked about 200 miles ..........I'm sure we'll pay higher soon!!

It costs me right around $150 to fill the F250, two tanks, and lasts about 2 weeks if I just go to work and back.

A few years ago when gas was up about the same I was going to buy a truck that is better on gas. After the payment, increased insurace, difference in mileage I decided to keep old green. $240 a month for gas + $30 for liability and no payment. Hmmm Cheaper to pay high gas than buy a new one that only gets another 5 mpg.

That's how I figured it too. Unless you drive a ton of miles every year, buying a new vehicle just for MPG is a loser.

riding in that same boat.....

3.98 a gal. can anybody say depression cause thats where we are heading if gas prices do not go down soon. gas goes up causes food to go up along with everything else you buy. companies will lay off more people to keep there profits up and increase prices to compensate for fuel prices. add it up higher cost of living less jobs and no pay increases = lots more unemployment and and that = a bigger depression than we are in now. so lets all take a minute to thank opec wallstreet and are crooked politicians.

As of March 2011, gas was............in US dollars

Norway........$6.82
Hong Kong...$6.25
Belgium.......$6.16
UK..............$5.96
Italy............$5.80
Japan..........$5.25
India...........$3.71
Mexico.........$2.22

Get this..............

Saudia..........$0.09
Kuwait..........$0.08

Wish we were a gas producing nation. Hey, wait a minute, WE ARE !!!!!!!!!

As of March 2011, gas was............in US dollars

Norway........$6.82
Hong Kong...$6.25
Belgium.......$6.16
UK..............$5.96......

Where'd you read that drivel??

A litre in the UK in march was £1.28 (minimum depending on the area) x 1.60 exchange rate, x 3.7 litres for a US gallon = $7.57 a gallon on my calculator

In the late 70's we lived in Southern California when the gas crunch came and prices went over $ 1.00 a gallon. One day we drove down to Tijuana Mexico for the day and I needed gas, so I pulled into a station. I had a Cadillac with a 20 gallon tank and was on empty, so I told the guy to fill it up.

The gas pumps were those old time ones with a crank to reset it on the side and rotating numbers in the glass window. It was in pesos and litres. As he started filling up my car the numbers were flying around at light speed and I told my wife "we are going to REALLY get screwed here." When he finished filling the tank he came up to the car window and did some math in his head to convert from pesos to dollars and said "$ 6.00 please!" :eek::eek: It was like 30 cents a gallon!!!

I thought I hit the lottery, and after driving a few miles we decided to stop to eat. When I shut the key off the car kept running, it was dieseling so bad from the low octane it wouldn't shut off! :eek: All the way home the car pinged like mad (10-1 compression stock) and all week I drove the car to use up the gas and get rid of it. I had to put it in drive to stall the motor with the key off to get it to stop running.

So you can keep that cheap Mexican gas!!! :D

Don

I just saw on the TV that gas at 1 station was $5.69 a gallon! I checked Gas Buddy and it is just one station ripping folks off.

It was $3.53 here yesterday

$3.19 is what I filled up for here yesterday. But that is for E-85. I loose a couple of mpg but the way regular unleaded is right now it is worth it. Have not really sit down and figured but as near as I can tell E 85 has to be around .30 a gallon cheaper to be worth getting. Right now it is .80 cheaper. Truck still runs good. Do not notice much difference in power when pulling my trailer. Get around 17.5 normal driving on E-85 and around 19.5 on regular unleaded. Have cold air intake and aftermarket single exhaust. Did not notice any performance or mpg difference but started improving after several weeks. I guess the computer had to learn the better flowing system.

Latest posts

Back