Crazy stuff on Craig's List, eBay etc!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean you're old enough to have built that car 30 years ago? I wonder if he has even driven it. Quite a story, Dr. C.

I'll be 54 in a few weeks. The Buick project was "completed" in '92... if my recollection and math is correct, that was 27 years ago...

You might recall my good friend, Charlie (RIP). Charlie was a Cadillac guru and we did the Buick job in his radiator shop, nights and weekends, bit by bit by bit, if we weren't busy drinking beer and/or fussing with a bloody race car. :rolleyes:

He may have spent $20K, but it certainly isn't worth anywhere near that to me. That thing would be so cool finished.

He was into my friend Charlie for a fairly large sum. In hindsight, the project lost money, but interesting enough to put the pieces together and write the customer a healthy invoice... that said, I completely agree, the car has enormous potential. It's solid throughout and begs for somebody to finish it...

Last edited:
54? Sheech! I've got kids that age. I'ma going start calling you Sonny.:D

I agree, it could be a fine cruiser. I think everyone who has professionals build a car have more money in it that it's worth.

A guy puts 100K in a hot rod, he's lucky to get 50K at auction. Gotta pay commission too.

Moral of the story: Don't build it for profit, build it because you love the car.

The cars I made the most money on were the ones I had to do the least amount of work to....:eek:[cl
Maybe something easy like a new battery and fluids.
The minute you start to build one you are already losing money.:p
Time to get back out in the shop...[ddd [;) :eek:
Torchie

Yep, the more you can do yourself the better you'll fare if you ever want to sell. Personally, I build them because they're something I want and keep my investment as low as I can and plan on keeping all of my custom vehicles. They're worth more to me than anyone else. Besides, there's enough of my blood on any of them to frame me for a crime, and I'd rather that not happen [ddd[cl

If I had to have someone build my rides, I doubt I'd own any of them.

I'll be 54 in a few weeks. The Buick project was "completed" in '92... if my recollection and math is correct, that was 27 years ago...

You might recall my good friend, Charlie (RIP). Charlie was a Cadillac guru and we did the Buick job in his radiator shop, nights and weekends, bit by bit by bit, if we weren't busy drinking beer and/or fussing with a bloody race car. :rolleyes:

He was into my friend Charlie for a fairly large sum. In hindsight, the project lost money, but interesting enough to put the pieces together and write the customer a healthy invoice... that said, I completely agree, the car has enormous potential. It's solid throughout and begs for somebody to finish it...

I had a feeling that you & I were fairly close in age. I'll be 54 in March. Happy early birthday [cl

I try to explain this to all my customers. 90% of them dont belive me. Its always cheaper to build them yourself, but if everyone did that some of us wouldnt have jobs!!

I'ma going start calling you Sonny.:D

Only if I can call you Uncle Bob! :D

I had a feeling that you & I were fairly close in age. I'll be 54 in March. Happy early birthday [cl

I think we sorted that out some years back, mav... we spoke some hockey BS, time frames and something about Flin Flon. If things had gone a little different for me, we could have (potentially) been teammates... or mortal enemies. :eek: Happy early, early, early birthday to you!

I found this little bugger, I think it's an old listing but I thought it was cool. 392 Hemi too!

Don't see many of these little coupes, right Falconvan?

https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=51727

ebay455829.jpg

ebay455830.jpg

ebay455832.jpg

ebay455834.jpg

ebay455838.jpg

Calling Mister Torchie...

I actually looked at one of these before I picked up the Dodge Coronet. Crank. It was the Plymouth version and The guy wanted too much for it.
I have seen some chopped but with that short roof line I'm not sure that is what I would do.
My plan was to cut off the top. Chop the wind shield and then do a "Carson" styled padded top on it. Thus changing the roof contour as well as making it into a roadster.
Maybe it will be the next one.....:eek: [ddd

I actually looked at one of these before I picked up the Dodge Coronet. Crank. It was the Plymouth version and The guy wanted too much for it.
I have seen some chopped but with that short roof line I'm not sure that is what I would do.
My plan was to cut off the top. Chop the wind shield and then do a "Carson" styled padded top on it. Thus changing the roof contour as well as making it into a roadster.
Maybe it will be the next one.....:eek: [ddd

Call me old-fashioned but I really like that one as-is. :D looking unmodified with a stock-style interior and such a unique body shape but lowered looks great to me.

why??

VW Mini Camaro (project car) - $3700 (Newman Lake)

0H K[S:confused:

Later[S

Attachments

• why.jpg
    why.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 47
  • why1.jpg
    why1.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 37
  • why2.jpg
    why2.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 37