Thursday Night Boredom Tour

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Crankenstein

Rocket Surgeon
Last evening, I dropped by a local car club and followed them along. Covid or no Covid, they've been doing this for several years... "drive by" parades for persons in retirement, palliative care, assisted living and/or hospice facilities. [cl

Naturally, I collected a few pictures...

attachment.php

The car (below) immediately brings our Uncle Bob to mind. I've been familiar with the project since its infancy in the late '80's. It's a fiberglass body from MAS in Minnesota, has opening (suicide) doors, a narrowed 12 bolt diff and the cowl has been extended considerably. The owner is five foot nothing and he said, "You have to be my height and weight to get in this car." (I don't doubt that for a minute. It's a tiny, tiny car.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

I caught this '33 Plymouth coupe twice, at the clubhouse and on the tour...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Valiant Signet ragtop. I'm reasonably sure, it's the same car painstakingly restored by a family friend who passed several years ago. I wasn't able to corner the current owner, but I'll catch up with him sooner or later...

attachment.php

The last few, I know little or nothing about, though I have to say, the Dodge (or Fargo) PU is absolutely gorgeous from any angle.

attachment.php

attachment.php

'39 Ford Cabriolet

attachment.php

Last, but not least, a '39 Ford coupe. BLACK CARS MATTER and this one is flawless, though it could benefit from a rake adjustment.

attachment.php

There were more cars, but I cherry picked these few. There would usually be many more cars and many more cherries to pick, but the Nazis are currently on a blitz, specifically targeting "modified vintage vehicles". :mad:

Attachments

• traffic 101.JPG
    traffic 101.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 117
  • traffic 102.JPG
    traffic 102.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 112
  • traffic 103.jpg
    traffic 103.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 72
  • traffic 104.JPG
    traffic 104.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 114
  • traffic 105.JPG
    traffic 105.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 71
  • traffic 106.JPG
    traffic 106.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 113
  • traffic 107.JPG
    traffic 107.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 113
  • traffic 108.JPG
    traffic 108.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 73
  • traffic 109.JPG
    traffic 109.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 112
  • traffic 110.jpg
    traffic 110.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 111
Very nice machinery in your neck of the prairie, Doc. The owner did the right thing with the Fargo headlights. I had a MAS Bantam body like that and did nothing with it. Knew Gary Kohn the founder of MAS fairly well. He fell down the basement steps in his retail building and met his demise.

Nice, thanks, at least there is some still trying to get around this distancing thing. A lot of people just want to get out the cars and go somewhere.

There are a few random shows going on in spite of lockdowns, some good turnouts

Last edited:
Thanks guys. :D

Bob: I figgered you'd know MAS. (Sorry to hear of Gary's untimely exit. :()

eman and mav... these things are usually well attended, but as I mentioned, the cops are on a witch hunt and everybody knows it.

I'll keep my ear to the ground and collect some more photos, if and when the opportunities arise...

Latest posts

Back