Not a 60's muscle car, but.........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

A few years ago, my son Don bought a 2004 Mustang GT in white. My other son, Dan, liked it so much, we flew up to Pennsylvania and he bought a low mileage 2004 Mach I, also white. I kept looking at their cars, and loved them so much, I knew I had to have one myself.

So, I found a clean V6 2004 Mustang with a blown motor, and then I bought a wrecked 04 GT for the drivetrain. I tore both cars down to the bare shell and started from there. It got all new suspension, brakes, a bunch of speed parts on the 4.6 V8, and 4.10 gears. I had a local body shop paint it in the same Wimbledon white as both of my sons cars (we have no imagination:eek:)

It rides like a truck, handles like a go kart, and is LOUD, but I really love it. Not sure how to make the pictures bigger, you have to click on each one (sorry). The last picture is the first time the 3 of us were able to take our cars out to dinner. Dans Mach I is in the front, Dons GT is in the middle, and mine is the last one in line.

Attachments

• Mustang v6 stripped down 001.jpg
    Mustang v6 stripped down 001.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 100
  • more roll cage pictures 005.jpg
    more roll cage pictures 005.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 33
  • my mustang front end done 007.jpg
    my mustang front end done 007.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Brakes done on Mustang 044.jpg
    Brakes done on Mustang 044.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 29
  • mustang wheels on 2.jpg
    mustang wheels on 2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 102
  • mustangs first dinner cruise.jpg
    mustangs first dinner cruise.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 110
Love the Mustang Trio. And the special relationship you have with your sons. When you kinda dropped out of the internet world I became a Facebook friend with your son Don. At least that way I could snoop and find out if you were okay and what you were up to car-wise.
You are a valuable member of this site and a wealth of quality information. Please stay.

Ok Don, now the important question, which one is the fastest.[P

Why, mine, of course ! :D:D:D

Love the Mustang Trio. And the special relationship you have with your sons. When you kinda dropped out of the internet world I became a Facebook friend with your son Don. At least that way I could snoop and find out if you were okay and what you were up to car-wise.
You are a valuable member of this site and a wealth of quality information. Please stay.

Thanks , Bob. Yeah, Don is on Facebook a lot, glad you kept in touch with him that way.

A few years ago, my son Don bought a 2004 Mustang GT in white. My other son, Dan, liked it so much, we flew up to Pennsylvania and he bought a low mileage 2004 Mach I, also white. I kept looking at their cars, and loved them so much, I knew I had to have one myself.

So, I found a clean V6 2004 Mustang with a blown motor, and then I bought a wrecked 04 GT for the drivetrain. I tore both cars down to the bare shell and started from there. It got all new suspension, brakes, a bunch of speed parts on the 4.6 V8, and 4.10 gears. I had a local body shop paint it in the same Wimbledon white as both of my sons cars (we have no imagination:eek:)

It rides like a truck, handles like a go kart, and is LOUD, but I really love it. Not sure how to make the pictures bigger, you have to click on each one (sorry). The last picture is the first time the 3 of us were able to take our cars out to dinner. Dans Mach I is in the front, Dons GT is in the middle, and mine is the last one in line.

I'm glad to see how this turned out! I remember you talking about it when you first got it and I was curious what the end result was. It looks awesome!

Again, good to have you back!

Question: What became of the Fox Mustang? If I recall correctly, your son was knee deep in a chassis build.

Thanks, 05 for enlarging the pictures. I don't have Photobucket any more (got too expensive) so I don't know how to do what you did.

Dr C, he got very far into the build, and then he found a 66 VW in California and had it shipped here. His first car was a Cal Look Bug, and he wanted to build another one...........so, the Fox got pushed into his brothers shop and is collecting dust. He just lost interest in it, and has offered it to his brother for free, but Don already has a Fox Capri he is doing.

I think at some point he will get back the urge to finish it, but for the time being it just sits. I think he is also a little burned out on bleeding money. The Fox was going to be an expensive car to finish, and I think that was part of the decision too.

Hey Don, when photobucket went screwy, I changed up and went to flickr. It works pretty much like photobucket used to. A little learning curve to find everything, but once I did, I like it better.

Leave your PB photos where they are. Many of us are running "patches" that allow your previous posts to be seen as they were posted at the time. I also understand PB has lifted their "ban" on third party hosting, where your old files and links have apparently been restored. (They still want subscription money moving forward, but will let old business be as it was before their meltdown.)

If you move or remove your images from their site, your PB links disappear forever. (For me, that's 10 or more years of photos posted to many domains.)

I suggest you COPY your PB albums to another site or storage of your choosing. Your PB albums and links will remain and your threads will survive as originally intended...

Last edited:
Hey Don,

It's actually pretty easy. I'll show you using one of your photos. It seems like a lot of steps but it's not hard at all. I just tried to break it right down for you.

First, upload it as you already know how:
attachment.php

Once you've uploaded all your files and closed the attachment manager, you'll go back to the reply screen and you'll see the following in the "attach files" area.
attachment.php

When you click on the filename of the photo you want to attach, it should open in a new tab or window. You right click on the photo and click "Copy Image Address" then either close the new window, or go back, whatever gets you back to the reply screen.
attachment.php

Once you're back at the reply screen, click in the text box where you want the image to show up (where in the text). Click "Insert Image" above the reply box.
attachment.php

And one final step... You'll see a popup that looks like the below. Either right click in the text field and click paste, or simply press CTRL and V at the same time, and then press okay. The appropriate text will show up in your reply text field and if you look at the preview or post your reply, you'll have your big photos in your post.
attachment.php

Voila!
attachment.php

Attachments

• mustangs first dinner cruise.jpg
    mustangs first dinner cruise.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 50
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 49
Well documented, snopro. Thanks!

Anyone, is there a good place to put instructions like this so we can find them easily?

Well documented, snopro. Thanks!

Anyone, is there a good place to put instructions like this so we can find them easily?

I looked for a better spot to post it and couldn't find one. I can definitely post them in a better spot if they help and if someone tells me where they should go.

Sorry I didn't read it thru and listed that one but somebody has already done the routine on here on big pix...it's how I learned.

Latest posts

Back