Mom says I need help... she's right

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schine

So, when I joined the forum i had no car, but then I bought the 76' camaro as my EDR, the car was a pain in the a$$, i mean to drive it daily but i still sticked to it and used it for about 10 months...

Then, on february, planets aligned and my dad called me and he said "come and get your car" and so... i got a 91' corvette, wich i love and use as my EDR now, it's a better car to drive daily :)

The problem here is:
i bought the camaro because i love old cars, everyone loves a muscle car, still i want to try and build my own car(gotta start young), [;) i'm thinking maybe a vwrod it's the way to go, i mean, they're cheap and there are a lot out there, and i have the chance to not do everything perfectly... you know, as a rookie...

Still i have the MOM factor, wich i think it's the Wife factor in most of your cases, you know, "where are you putting it?" "why would someone want 3 cars?" "how are you paying for it?" "you don't even have the money to mantain 1!"

and stuff like that, so, do i listen to her and stick to the 2 cars?

or i must be a rebel on this one?? what would you do?

there they are.. :D

Attachments

• 02132011143.jpg
    02132011143.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 60
my vote is to ditch the 'Maro. Vettes trump 'maros 90% of the time. Except when a 'maro is a '67, '68, or '69. ;)

I vote on the other side of this one. Your Mom should be thrilled you are into cars and not drugs, gangbanging, or stealing. (You aren't ,are you? :)) When my neighbors would "mention" to my Mom that we had an awful lot of cars at our place (we lived on 3.5 acres and the cars were way in back so nobody could see them) she would reply "Yes, but I know where he is every night!" :D She even helped me pull an engine or two.

Talk to her and explain that this is really a very healthy outlet for your time and pays dividends down the road as it teaches you very valuable skills, like time management, fabrication, budgeting, mechanics, etc. I also think the VROD idea is fantastic, especially since you guys in Mexico have so many of them down there. I would love to build one myself.

BTW, ask any of us on here how many cars and projects we own and I bet very few of us will answer "enough." :D

Don

Keep them all

Well,I am lucky.I am not married now, and my Late father was a heavy duty hot rodder,so Mom is used to it.
My shop is full of stuff, so she lets me come by and use my old bedroom as auto parts storage.Now thats a hotrod Mom.[cl
Bottom line is you can never have enough cars and parts.If I throw something out,I will need it later on.
So now I keep everything,or give it away to friends and family who will use it.
One of these days the cars and parts supply will dry up.:eek:
Only so many were built and they are being scrapped at an alarming rate.Another 5-10 years is my estimate,then it`s over.:(

my vote is to ditch the 'Maro. Vettes trump 'maros 90% of the time. Except when a 'maro is a '67, '68, or '69. ;)

I just can't sell the camaro, i had to work and save money for 7 years to buy it(i'm 20), it's my first car and i absolutely love it, that's just not an option.. u.u

still i run in the vette everyday :)

I vote on the other side of this one. Your Mom should be thrilled you are into cars and not drugs, gangbanging, or stealing. (You aren't ,are you? :)) When my neighbors would "mention" to my Mom that we had an awful lot of cars at our place (we lived on 3.5 acres and the cars were way in back so nobody could see them) she would reply "Yes, but I know where he is every night!" :D She even helped me pull an engine or two.

Talk to her and explain that this is really a very healthy outlet for your time and pays dividends down the road as it teaches you very valuable skills, like time management, fabrication, budgeting, mechanics, etc. I also think the VROD idea is fantastic, especially since you guys in Mexico have so many of them down there. I would love to build one myself.

BTW, ask any of us on here how many cars and projects we own and I bet very few of us will answer "enough." :D

Don

well... mmm the two cars I own were stolen from drug dealers....JK

I think you have areally good point to convince Mom from being angry, she must be Grateful!! :D haha

still i don't have room for the VW :s

Sell the Camaro and buy a mostly complete project if Mom is OK with it. Otherwise make the 'Vette even better as you can afford it.

No can do, I love it too much u.u

i kinda juggle my money (wich is very little) into both of the cars, the theme here is, shall i juggle with the money on three? :)

Well,I am lucky.I am not married now, and my Late father was a heavy duty hot rodder,so Mom is used to it.
My shop is full of stuff, so she lets me come by and use my old bedroom as auto parts storage.Now thats a hotrod Mom.[cl
Bottom line is you can never have enough cars and parts.If I throw something out,I will need it later on.
So now I keep everything,or give it away to friends and family who will use it.
One of these days the cars and parts supply will dry up.:eek:
Only so many were built and they are being scrapped at an alarming rate.Another 5-10 years is my estimate,then it`s over.:(

well my Mom will have to carry whith the weight of a Car maniac son i guess....

and I hope that those 5-10 years you're talking about turn into 10-15 down here, i still have lots of ideas in mind... :)

I just can't sell the camaro, i had to work and save money for 7 years to buy it(i'm 20), it's my first car and i absolutely love it, that's just not an option.. u.u

still i run in the vette everyday :)

You WILL get over it!!! May not seem that way right now, but you will!!

You will get over it. It's just a car.

My first car, bought and paid for with my hard earned cash......I used in a demolition derby 5 years later (I had better car by then). It was a total blast, and I wouldn't change the past if I could.

Let's see.........

Camaro.....Corvette.......Camaro......Corvette..... sentimental value...Corvette....spend money on Camaro.....Corvette....seems like the resolution is clear...... sell the Camaro and put the money into the Corvette or....... other project.....??? [;) JMHO

i personaly think that is the ugliest style of vette every made,the camaro i think would have more class when restored,actually if it was mine i would put the vette drive train in the camaro,but pay me no attention i dont even have any paint on my truck

You will get over it. It's just a car.

My first car, bought and paid for with my hard earned cash......I used in a demolition derby 5 years later (I had better car by then). It was a total blast, and I wouldn't change the past if I could.

i'm pretty sure i wont take my car into a demolition derby, i know it's not a one in a million car, but it's mine...

I would not derby it either. I just sold a car I had for 21 years, (I am 42). While it was not easy it was just a car and the money allowed me to help my parents financially. It was a '57 Chevy 2 door post.

I would not derby it either. I just sold a car I had for 21 years, (I am 42). While it was not easy it was just a car and the money allowed me to help my parents financially. It was a '57 Chevy 2 door post.

i'm lucky, i'm have to say, i work, i study, so i think i have the chance to earn some money and get another car, i just dont know what my best choice is...

Latest posts

Back