what kinda front axle are these??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schine

so, i've been searching parts for a little long term project, but i still don'tknow in what kind of cars i can get the front axle i want to use, I know you guys know it all, so, plase help this newbie :)

Attachments

• P3250001.jpg
    P3250001.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 2252226850057022875YFytqI_f.jpg
    2252226850057022875YFytqI_f.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 91
The one on the VW looks like a 35/36 Ford. The wishbone bosses are located further inboard. It could be earlier but definitely a ford. The one on the Model A looks like the 37-40 Ford. Both are stock un-dropped axles. Or I could be completely wrong but that's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

Paul

Last edited:
The first one is a 33-36. 32 axles are not on rat rods! You can tell by the length between the kingpin and the spring perch and the slight drop. The other is later probably 37-42 can't tell with out measuring.

still they're not hard to find right?

i mean, how do you ask for this specific kind of axle in wich the wishbone is attached to the middle....

i'm not sure i'm explaining myself very well u.u

Now, i realise i've been being stupid, remember that english it's not my first language, so i have trouble with the translations and the tech part of them is the hardest.

So, my original question should've been

How is this tipe of FRONT END called?....

Latest posts

Back