'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Public Service Announcement:

Boys, put your sunscreen on and wear a wide brim hat so the Doc doesn't have to dig a quarter-size crater in your face to get all the cancer cells out. Next week he digs a hole in my neck/shoulder.

Attachments

• Squamish 001.jpg
    Squamish 001.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 31
A Public Service Announcement:

Boys, put your sunscreen on and wear a wide brim hat so the Doc doesn't have to dig a quarter-size crater in your face to get all the cancer cells out. Next week he digs a hole in my neck/shoulder.

OUCH!!! Yep... sunscreen is good... hope that works out well!

BoB

Bob, thinking good things for a full recovery. :)

Been there, neck/nose/ears. All those days at the beach surfing in Ventura, CA with no hats or sun screen (that's for kids). So far good results.

Stay indoors. (Your shop makes for a dandy "wide brim hat".)

Seriously, Bob, I wish you a speedy recovery from this and next week's procedure.

Here's to your health and longevity, my friend, you're an inspiration in more ways than you know...

Thank for all the kind thoughts. This kind of skin cancer in not deadly. Probably many of you have it and have spots frozen off periodically. I've been a bit careless in the sun. Will be more cautious in the future.
Not too exciting, looking at u-joints and 3/4" shaft, but this much of the steering wheel to box is done, except for welding. I got lucky and found the u-joints in my pile-o-junk.

Attachments

• steering shaft 001.jpg
    steering shaft 001.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 65
Been picking away at it. First pic is what you see from the driver's seat. Steering column and wheel is done except for a little welding. Brake and clutch pedals are in and need just a little adjusting. I whittled away at some 1/8" aluminum plate and put some vintage swap meet gauges in it. They'll be straighter in final assembly. Will hide a small 3 gauge panel containing working instruments under the dash. Here's one of the movie theater seats I got off Craigslist. Still need brackets. The intake was set up for 3 one barrels during its brief time on my dragster. I thought it was too much for street driving so I made a new base plate to fit two small 2 barrels to it. They're off of a 260 cu. in. small block Ford.

Attachments

• Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 001.jpg
    Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 001.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 002.jpg
    Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 002.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 003.jpg
    Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 003.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 004.jpg
    Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 004.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 008.jpg
    Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 008.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 007.jpg
    Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 007.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 64
  • Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 009.jpg
    Dash, Pedals, Steering Wheel 009.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 72
Well Bob that is some fine looking work. [cl

Nice 2x2 carb top plate with a pair of Autolite 2100 on top. You know how FTF & myself love those two barrels. Now you got to buy two more for that big Ford 300 dragster motor.:D

Well Bob that is some fine looking work. [cl

Nice 2x2 carb top plate with a pair of Autolite 2100 on top. You know how FTF & myself love those two barrels. Now you got to buy two more for that big Ford 300 dragster motor.:D

Tom, I've got two 1.08 Autolite carbs for the dragster. Going to take some time to build a manifold though. Got some larger Autolites too if the 1.08's aren't big enough.

Tuesday the Doc dug a quarter-size hole a quarter in deep in my shoulder. Got all the bad stuff out. No stitches on this one, just a dressing. No pain.

Latest posts

Back