It's those litte things... ........................

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
That make you crazy. So what are the little things that make you crazy? You know the ones. You know it makes no difference but it has to be done a certain way. The guy that works for me and I were putting something together with bolts, nuts, locks, and flat washers. He is on about the 10th one on his side, and I see him back the nut off, and turn the flat washer over then put the nut back on. So the flat washer was backwards.

He saw me looking and started to explain, but I knew why he did it. :rolleyes:

That drives me crazy!!!

That make you crazy. So what are the little things that make you crazy? You know the ones.

I can't stand anything that is not square or not level. Especially the steering wheel... it has to be perfectly straight while I'm driving. I drive the guys at the alignment shop crazy... they don't see the point but they humor me now! I also can't stand any squeaking or rattling in a car. That really drives me crazy... I will stop the car to check out the smallest of noises. It helps to turn the radio up!!! My wife on the other hand can have all kind of stuff rattling around in the back of her car & it doesn't bother her *at all*!

BoB

Me and my dad go at each other all the time about this subject in our shop. As an example, he always complains that I will spend a whole day fabricating some part or bracket for the bottom of a car that no one will ever see. Sometimes after he makes something such as a tab or a bracket, I'll redo it because the corners are not rounded or the edges aren't smooth. It drives him crazy. It's like an episode of American Chopper in there sometimes. On the other hand, he gets things done way faster than I do.

AHH YES, the pet peeves.
Here's how crazy I am.
Welds going in the same direction, bolt heads being turned the same amount.
That's just a few.

That's why sometimes I hate the fact I turned a love of cars into a career.
I liked it better when I used to look at a car for just the fact I thought it was cool.

Now I find I'm looking down the side of street rod to see if the fenders and running boards are running in line. Instead of just looking for the wow factor.
I hate that sometimes.

Safety wireing something in place, If you are going to do that ,do it the right way.

NOTE: I'm in aviation so the above mentioned frustration is to the 10th power.

Me and my dad go at each other all the time about this subject in our shop. As an example, he always complains that I will spend a whole day fabricating some part or bracket for the bottom of a car that no one will ever see. Sometimes after he makes something such as a tab or a bracket, I'll redo it because the corners are not rounded or the edges aren't smooth. It drives him crazy. It's like an episode of American Chopper in there sometimes. On the other hand, he gets things done way faster than I do.

my pops is the same way...we work together 5-6 days a week,he has gave up in his old age and just lets me fab all the custom stuff now..but he still got that mouth.....lol i would'nt trade it for anything!!! he's my dad...rooster

my biggest peev is somebody watching me work or trying to talk to me while i work i like to work alone for some reason but in the end i make everybody look at what i just did lol i cant describe it:D

creepy huh?

my biggest peev is somebody watching me work or trying to talk to me while i work i like to work alone for some reason but in the end i make everybody look at what i just did lol i cant describe it:D

creepy huh?

I'm pretty sure you can get help for that now days moto :D

creepy huh?
That's not creepy at all. I can't stand for someone to talk to me while I'm working. Fortunately, I now have an office where I keep the door locked. If you wanna talk, you have to phone me and even then, I'll let the answering machine answer. Creepy? Not at all.....:rolleyes:
As for working on cars, I hate it when I order a part and it doesn't fit. For example, I got some Heddman Headers for my Biscayne. Passenger side was fine, driver's side wasn't even close. I had to heat up the pipes and bend them. :mad:

i tend to want everything perfect, or do it the hard way. it's almost like "why do it all unless i do it absolutley perfect and have the best of the best" needless to say, it takes forever for me to get anything done. i'm slowly learning how to compromise on things without sacrificing a whole lot.

Latest posts

Back