Daytona 500

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to watch it...but if gets to be just a train of cars playing follow the leader, I have a tendency to nod off. I would like to see it in person sometime, but that will have to wait for a bit.

Less than 50 miles away and have never been to that particular one. Being from around here and having to deal with the traffic issues it causes sours the fruit somehow...Talked to Tobby while he was up in Valdosta at their dragway he said the roads were blocked because of traffic there too. Beautiful weather has everybody out...

DVR

l record all of the races and fast foreward thru the junk, takes a 4 hour show and condenses it to about a hour and a half.

Later :cool:

I'm 100 miles from Talledega, and have never been to a race there, either.
I pretty much lost interest in Nascar when they all became bellybutton cars that looked nothing like street cars. Hung on through the Dale Earnhardt Sr years. When Jimmy Johnson won 5 titles in a row though, it was time to go. Nobody is that lucky.

Wish they would go back to real street car bodies.

l record all of the races and fast foreward thru the junk, takes a 4 hour show and condenses it to about a hour and a half.

Later :cool:

Fell asleep just past the halfway mark....woke up just at the end. Found that will 'condense' it quite a bit too.;)

I would really like to see a race that would exemplify the name "stock car racing"
It would be cool to let teams choose the brand they want to run and then get one bone stock car right off the assembly line and turn it over to tuners to do their job as it sits. Then it would be a race.

I would really like to see a race that would exemplify the name "stock car racing"
It would be cool to let teams choose the brand they want to run and then get one bone stock car right off the assembly line and turn it over to tuners to do their job as it sits. Then it would be a race.

That's the way it was in the 50's and 60's . I grew up idolizing Bobby and Donnie Allison. Them and Red Farmer were the original Alabama Gang. I really lost interest after Davie Allison Bobby's son died. Never got to Daytona but I did go to the first race at Talledega and a couple of others.

jalopy cars

I doubt if their is enough money involved but I would like to see a series of jalopy races.

You really have to go to the races not watch it on TV. It's a whole different experience being at the track! I know the rule get suckier every year but it still is a good time.

Richmond 2012

Bristol 2009

Daytona 2014

Phoenix 2013

Talledega 2007

We went to Bristol, when it was still concrete and sat in the section in yellow.
Was there two days and got to see a Busch race and a Cup race.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bristol.jpg
    Bristol.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back