Tubular axle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalehowe

My gradson and I are attempting our first build I am a fabricator/machinst and want to make as many parts as possible: budget issues. I have been all over the place looking at building a tubular front axle, the angle used on the bends and the king pin bushing angle everything i look at they seem to be on a slight angle.Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Is there a site to get drawings from. Thank you

A really respected rod builder , who posts on this and other sites once said " there are some parts you make and some you buy ".

Exactly. Some parts just aren't worth building. When the safety of you and your grandchildren are in question, you buy your critical suspension parts from a place that has been making them for years.

Welcome to the forum, though.

Welcome to the site
I've got all the equipment to build pretty much anything. The axle is not that big of a deal.
By the time you buy spindles, kingpins, etc you aren't saving much if any money and the time can be better spent on something else :)
[P[P[P

welcome to the RRR.
I am with the others. "Some things are just a ""buy"" item for me. I would sure consider the complete set up from a reputable company and spent my time on the other stuff. Just my $0.02

Tubular Axle

Thanks evryone after considering safety issues and cost it seems more logical to purchase rather than building although I fill confident in doing so. Hope to get alot of insight from this site.

Check out www.rodplans.com they have plans for a gasser style straight axle. Wouldn't be to much of a problem to make the drop required and use the rest of the info they provide to get what you want. Yes, sometimes it is less expensive to buy, but..... you buy what's available, you build what you need. Comes down to knowing your limitations. Wish you the best on your build.:)

Latest posts

Back