Mini van 3rd roll seat for them 41-46 chevy cabs and others

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap901

Got me A bench seat from the junk yard yersterday it is perfect for the 46 chevy cab its A 3rd roll seat out of A plymouth voyager and the dodge caravan has the same seat also, this seat is 45" wide and if you have a realy small cab you can use the 2nd seat and its only 40" wide and has arm rest and center cup holders. with this seat you can still be low and have a cushion for you butt lo.l My cab is chopped 6" and im 6' tall and i going to make mounts to rase the seat 3". here a pic of the 3rd roll seat I got sorry for the poor quality pic.

Attachments

• seat.JPG
    seat.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 112
[cl

i got one from about a 90 chrysler town n country van in my 46 ford now... it didnt have the headrests...

i throwed the "mexican blanket" seat cover on it to add to the "traditional look":rolleyes:;)

hotrod preacher thats right that be the same seat also and they seat so good in these little trucks.

zzrodder Thats what I was looking for when i first went to the junk yard was the 3rd roll seat from Mazda MPV but my friend got a 42 chevy with the caravan seat in it and he did know what it can from because he baught it already complete but when I seen it in the Van I know that was the seat and had to have it and only seat me back $50.

The seat

Don't prop the whole seat up 3 inches. Raise just the front about 2. Also have you made it adjustable? It's really easy. Just get an adjuster off a bucket seat and adapt it to yours. Set your adjustment up for the middle adjustment so it can go back and forward. Set the place where the back and the bottom come together back the measurement of your inseam away from the bottom of the gas pedal. (that sounds confusing even to me and I wrote it ....hmmmm. try that again. Take your inseam (guessing 33/34 inches) measure that far back from the bottom of your gas pedal and put a mark on the floor. Then when you set up your seat, make sure that where the back and bottom meet lines up with that mark on the floor. It'll be very comfortable. Also, setting the seat up in the front only makes another big difference. Try and inch and half first, but I found 2 inches seems to work best. Whatever you decide, make sure you are centered height-wise in the windshield.

Latest posts

Back