Yes its a panel, but can anyone tell me more?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went down yesterday and started trying to lift this up out of its misery.... Surprisingly under the leaves and dirt and blah blah blah the running boards are still on it. There is a frame under it that would have been pretty solid but there are sections of it that are cut out. I think if I get all the stuff out of it that it won't be all that bad to pull it out and do something with it. Unfortunately there are no doors stashed inside.....

Last question about this though...... My buddy with me made mention that it is a shorty panel. I have never heard that there is a short or long panel truck... Can anyone confirm this?

The F-1 panels were shorter than the F-2's and the F-3's were the biggest. Same with the pickups, the 3/4 ton and one ton trucks came with an 8 1/2 ft bed and were wider and the half tons came with a 6 ft bed.

I know this is a different year body but it is an interesting use of an old panel truck bod - the back of a pickup cab was grafted to the front to create a cool box for this COE.

Attachments

• IMG_1381_resize.jpg
    IMG_1381_resize.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 41
That is pretty dang cool!!!! But I think if I were to do something with this it will be to put the body back in original condition. Still not sure I can even get it out safely.

Contact with 21willys to arrange some front tin.... Rescue mission will be underway shortly. Waiting for frozen ground and tractor to be delivered to the farm.

Frozen Ground??

Contact with 21willys to arrange some front tin.... Rescue mission will be underway shortly. Waiting for frozen ground and tractor to be delivered to the farm.

Wouldn't it move easier in the mud and wet grass? LoL...Sorry, should be cool...did you get it raised off the ground back in Sept? guess I should read it all...[S

Wouldn't it move easier in the mud and wet grass? LoL...Sorry, should be cool...did you get it raised off the ground back in Sept? guess I should read it all...[S

Not where it is. I will have to go in through a field to get it. Then back through a little thicket to get it. My family owns all that property but I don't want to destroy the ground to get to it. I did jack it up so it is on blocks and won't be frozen down when I am ready to try and move it.

waiting for pops to deliver his tractor to the farm. He cuts wood there every winter. Figure when he takes his tractor up there is when I will make my move. Be much easier to get to it with that. Hopefully some time within the next few weeks I will be dragging it home.

Just be careful....

waiting for pops to deliver his tractor to the farm. He cuts wood there every winter. Figure when he takes his tractor up there is when I will make my move. Be much easier to get to it with that. Hopefully some time within the next few weeks I will be dragging it home.

don't want to tear that thing into pieces pulling it out of the soil.lol....keep us advised.....[P

don't want to tear that thing into pieces pulling it out of the soil.lol....keep us advised.....[P

I sold a old Rambler station wagon for scrap a few years ago, it had been sitting on the ground for 20 years or longer. When the guy started winching it up on his trailer, it tore in half! It can happen if you're not careful! :eek:

Yep.....saw it happen...

I sold a old Rambler station wagon for scrap a few years ago, it had been sitting on the ground for 20 years or longer. When the guy started winching it up on his trailer, it tore in half! It can happen if you're not careful! :eek:

Those things get planted and don't want to move....something has to give..and it usually isn't the cable.....:eek:

This thing is actually sitting on blocks. but the plan is to put 4x4s under it or something of that sort and pull it on that so no stress will be applied to the body/frame. But this is delayed once again. Pops has not took the tractor up there yet. They were pounded with snow at their place and that is his snow plow. So he is not going up to cut wood yet. Maybe in a couple weeks.....

Latest posts

Back