Big Kids Big Wheel

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! It's been a year already [S
All projects were set asside for a project for my buddy, which has also stalled out a bit. Loot of life things going on lately. I lost my mother on the 6th to cancer and that's kinda got me twisted up a bit. Still working out from under that right now.
I also promised myself I wouldn't touch any of my projects till I got my buddy's 100% done and gone.
Pushing this thing around for a year has me torn on the rear end selection too. The solid axle just isn't happy. I figured by stretching the thing as much as I could, would help with that, but I don't think it will.
With the engine only being 250cc, I don't really want to throw more weight at it with a differential axle so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. So it sits in the back for a while till I figure something out.

Sorry to hear about your mom.

Cool build. Funny I missed it as I've been kicking around the idea of a street driven Big Wheel. My idea was make it look just like a big wheel where you sit almost on the ground and put the motor behind the seat. I have a 300ex (330 kit in it) I could use for the build...[P

Sorry for your loss man. I lost my mom a year ago this month to cancer. It was a rough battle and still is to this day. I will in no way sugar coat it while time helps it will never get easier. I still haven't emptied the house out because I can't bring my self to go there. I have been through these battles and that's why I bury my self in things to do. I lost an aunt in 2011 to brain cancer then my mom to ovarian cancer and a family friend that was like a niece just lost her battle this past Saturday at 23 to lymphoma. If you need anyone to talk to let me know.

Sorry for your loss man. I lost my mom a year ago this month to cancer. It was a rough battle and still is to this day. I will in no way sugar coat it while time helps it will never get easier. I still haven't emptied the house out because I can't bring my self to go there. I have been through these battles and that's why I bury my self in things to do. I lost an aunt in 2011 to brain cancer then my mom to ovarian cancer and a family friend that was like a niece just lost her battle this past Saturday at 23 to lymphoma. If you need anyone to talk to let me know.

Is tough. My sister, who's 9 years older than I am has really stepped up and helped get things in order. If it wasn't for her, I'd be in the same boat as you, with a full house still.
I learned today that a former co-worker passed away Friday from prostate cancer. He was an awesome guy. 50 year old family man, never negative about a thing in his life. He truely was a good soul. Cancer is a nasty thing. I've always heard about it around me, but never hit this close to home, and it can't hit any closer than this.
Yeah it sucks, but it's the circle of life I suppose. If it didn't happen now, it would have 20, 40, 50 years from now, and it would have been just as hard.
Today's marks one month. Woke up this morning and started my day as usual. On the way into work I realized it. Didn't make my day much easier. Sis posted on Facebook the time and date for her memorial and I about lost it.
Growing old is gonna suck, watching all the people you love around you passing. Sounds like a nightmare and I'm not looking forward to it.
I appreciate everyone kond words and condolences.

I have been told that losing someone to cancer is for the benefit of the family so that they can prepare for it. It is a hard road but when they pass you know by that time it was for the best on both sides. If that makes any sense.
It has surely taught me not to take any day we have here for granted and do the things you want to do even if you shouldn't. Lol.
Cancer is a nasty thing that has no boundaries and has no care in the world for age, color, or lifestyle. It's only purpose is to slowly take someone away.

"This isn’t a test run – It can be so easy to fall into the habit of putting living off until later. We think things like, “When I get out of this job, then I’ll be happy.” Or, “When we live in a more ideal area, then we’ll reach out and make more friends.” Or, “When I am more accomplished and feel more confident, then I’ll be the person I want to be.”

The reality is, this is our life now. Things are never going to be just right. When we do finally reach that arbitrary goal we had in mind, we find we’re still not happy and we’re still thinking, “Things will be better when…” Our goal simply moved father down the road.

Life is in the living. It’s a journey and a process, not some end goal.

Latest posts

Back