62 Fairlane project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Hope your subframes are OK.

Yeah it's weird, the subframes and everything else underneath is very solid, no rust at all. The floorpan even looked OK from underneath. All that missing metal came up when I ripped up the fiberglass.

So this was rusted from the inside out from the leaking heater core and maybe a leaking windshield. It's got a new windsheild seal, so it must have been rotted enough to need replacing.

There's a bit of fiberglass on the drivers side footwell too, so I'm betting the windshield was leaking.

OK, got the new floorpan welded in, new carpet, upholstery installed on all the seats and made some door panels. I used one of the online upholstery shops that will sew the seat covers and you install yourself with hog rings

Saved alot of money but still was a ton of work. These seats are out of a '67 t-bird in place of the junkyard Ford Focus seats that were in it.

Also fabbed up a base for the new shifter. Not much available for the Cruise-o-matic in the way of shifters, so had to go with a univeral. The mechanism is meant to hang below the tranny tunnel, but I don't have the room, so had to fabricate that base.

Also installed belts, with 3-points up front.

Only thing left is new stereo and rear shelf with some speakers. Oh yeah and some A/C before the Houston summer kicks in.

Attachments

• P3030101.jpg
    P3030101.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P3030102.jpg
    P3030102.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 29
  • P3030103.jpg
    P3030103.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 28
  • P3030104.jpg
    P3030104.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 27
It looks AWESOME man! I MUST show this to my pops... He's been dreaming about finding another '63 for as long as I can remember...

I hadn't looked at this thread since just after you lowered it..that interior looks fantastic..I would much rather have a nice interior than paint anyday:D

Latest posts

Back