Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Rat Rod & Hot Rod parts for sale!

Rat Rod & Hot Rod parts for sale! Post your parts for sale here. Please note: Photos, location & price are required!

Old 08-09-2016, 03:50 PM

Default '31 Chevy 3-Window Coupe Body

For Sale:
1931 Chevy 3-Window Coupe Body

Here's the deal:
I bought this at least 15 years ago from a friend who found it on some property he bought here in Michigan

Seems to have been an old race car...the doors and deck lid were tack welded to the body, and the seams bondo'd over, for a one-piece body

The top is chopped, but the doors are not, let me explain: The top appears to have been cut about 3"-3.5", they did not chop the doors, but, simply placed them back in the door openings, and cut off the sheetmetal that hung below the bottom edge of the body...

This, of course, caused the character lines on the doors to not line up with the ones on the body, so the whole thing was skimmed with body filler, and new character lines made!

The deck lid has the only inner structure, there are none inside the quarter panels or doors, no floors, no rockers, etc...its pretty much just all the outer sheetmetal welded together

My buddy chipped away the bondo, and cut the tacks from the passenger door, and that's where he stopped...the rest is intact

This will be A LOT of work to get rid of all the bondo, cut out the drivers door and deck lid, fab some inner structure, door jambs, chop the doors, add the bottoms, etc, but, its a fairly rare car, and would make a super cool rod...

...or, you could put the door back in, re-do the body filler, and have a one-piece tilt-up body, if you're so inclined

I will more than likely never get to this, as I'm trying to concentrate on my Tri-Five Chevy's, so its for sale

If you think you're interested, we can set something up on a weekend for you to look at it, but, I'm working a lot of hours these days, and don't have a lot of free time, so please don't waste my time or yours...located at my shop in Michigan 48348

Asking $1,000
...the ONLY trades I would consider, would be a 2-door '55-'57 Chevy body, (gutted, stripped, rusty floors, no front clip or drivetrain, etc)
...'55-'57 Chevy fiberglass frontend, doors, etc
...or 1960's hot rod/drag race aluminum wheels, (no 14's)

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (78.0 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (76.7 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (63.2 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by Mr. Gasser; 08-09-2016 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:02 AM

still have it
Old 08-21-2016, 09:58 AM

Yes sir
Old 08-13-2017, 07:28 PM

SOLD...thanks