Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 03-15-2018, 02:41 PM

Default Good advice

I like all the advice I received from you guys, itís really appreciated! I guess itís time to go junkyard shopping to get some more parts. I did see a grill and lights sitting on and old late 30ís early 40ís ford dump truck on the way to welding supply house that looked interesting. Iíll have to swing back and see what he wants for it now that You guys inspired me!, I do like the idea of putting a ďZĒ on the frame that should drop the look of chassis closer to the ground, Iíll have to figure out how much I can add to stretch the frame. I also was looking at adding a short extension to the front to bring my radiator support out in front of the axle for a different look. You guys have really got my mind reeling with ideas, thanks I think!! Anyway time to start shopping and assembling to figure out which direction Iím going to take!! Iíll post more as things progress and continue, writing all this stuff and hearing from everyone keeps me going! Thanks again for your input
Old 03-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drweld View Post
I like all the advice I received from you guys, itís really appreciated! I guess itís time to go junkyard shopping to get some more parts. I did see a grill and lights sitting on and old late 30ís early 40ís ford dump truck on the way to welding supply house that looked interesting. Iíll have to swing back and see what he wants for it now that You guys inspired me!, I do like the idea of putting a ďZĒ on the frame that should drop the look of chassis closer to the ground, Iíll have to figure out how much I can add to stretch the frame. I also was looking at adding a short extension to the front to bring my radiator support out in front of the axle for a different look. You guys have really got my mind reeling with ideas, thanks I think!! Anyway time to start shopping and assembling to figure out which direction Iím going to take!! Iíll post more as things progress and continue, writing all this stuff and hearing from everyone keeps me going! Thanks again for your input
Radiator in front of the axle looks silly. I've seen plenty done that way and they look wrong for a 30's vehicle. The front of the radiator/grille shell at the centre of the front wheel looks best on an open car in my opinion.

My '46 GMC on Photobucket

---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:33 PM
Rocket Surgeon

I agree with snopro. (Radiator in front of the axle looks like an anteater on wheels.)

Your have every opportunity (in mock up) to make it suit your eye. Proportion is the difference between art and a pile of...

Old 03-15-2018, 07:34 PM
Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'

X2... don't look right...
Old 03-15-2018, 07:49 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Radiator shell barely ahead of axle at bottom and leaned back to above axle looks good. Check out the side view of a 33 or 34 ford coupe.