car hacking

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds a little "fishy" I know the ECM monitors everything but don't see how you can override manual functions but with the new auto braking and self parking who knows.

Some of this stuff might be hard to believe, but you better! Black boxes/ecm can be wonderful things until some jerk wants to mess things up. They can and will be used against you in some cases. Some will give info on speeds at time of an accident and can be used by the law to determine fault. They can get court orders to surrender the info too. I believe that is already happening. I have a friend who has logged over 3 million miles with a large trucking firm. His newest truck nearly drives itself. He contends that he has no control over the actions of the truck if the vehicle in front of him slows drastically. He says the onboard computer takes control and slows his truck no matter what he does. And if you don't think we have "computer nerds/brains" that can figure out how to intervene in these systems, I believe we're sadly mistaken. Never could figure out why some of these people with these kind of smarts can't use it for good purposes, but the more you hear and read, seems like they all want to just sit at a computer and see what kind of problems they can cause.
I know some of us like the benefits they can give, especially in systems offering timing and ignition and fuel delivery thru the system. I think I'll keep to my dinosaur ways and keep the computer crap on my desk at home.:D

remember those stories about people's cars going out of control full speed?

hahahaha that's funny till someone gets hurt.....

tell you guys, when this next solar storm hits,, the world will miss computers....

the luxury computer powered cars will be parked up and horses and classic cars will be the next gold :D:D[ddd

we'll just sit back ......

Latest posts

Back