The new sreet outlaws

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

I heard today that several guys, and maybe gals, are going to start going up to 1 of our local drag strips and grudge racing and going to have a top ten. Don't know all the rules yet, but it's heads up, insurance, exhaust, dot tires, and fully streetable. Sounds like it'd be a lot of fun. Need something lighter to put my 434 in now.

Ky, the track is Mtn Parkway, in Clay city Ky. When we were racing this was our home track. Great people, had a lot of fun. I would love to get something together and do this. When I quit, I had a spritzer 4 link dragster, 582 BBC on alky. It ran 4.50"s in the 1/8 at 150mph. This would be a lot more fun. I miss the racing and the people.

Sounds like fun

Glad you have a local track.[cl
Enjoy it while it is there.
Both our local tracks are closed.:(
North myrtle beach was closed during building boom when land near it was developed it was recently bought for special event site and Midway dragstrip in Greelyville was sold and is a road course drift track using the dragstrip as straightaway.
Darlington Dragway is open,but way too far for me to go to on weekly basis.

"fully streetable." For me true Street & Strip cars are the real deal. If one's going to claim street racer, then drive the car on the street every day and to and from the race*

I watched that Outlaw show, those are Strip cars on the street, you know they are on trailers at some point prior to the runs. Of course that part gets edited out. :roll eyes:

*The author does not condone illegal activities. ;)

"fully streetable." For me true Street & Strip cars are the real deal. If one's going to claim street racer, then drive the car on the street every day and to and from the race*

I watched that Outlaw show, those are Strip cars on the street, you know they are on trailers at some point prior to the runs. Of course that part gets edited out. :roll eyes:

*The author does not condone illegal activities. ;)

They usually show them on the trailers or coming off the trailers. You're right, they're street raced race cars, they're not street cars.

You are right about their cars, strictly race cars. If I take something up, it'll will be on a trailer. I've done went through the deal of having someone drive me back home to get a truck and trailer. The track is a good 90 miles from me. I can be at Edgewater in Cinn OH quicker, but I like Mtn park a lot better. Plus Edgewater is NHRA, they nit pick your car to death, depends on who you are, and I let my license expire because they wanted more money every year. I have a 72 chevelle, we drive it all the time, weather permitting, and it has a 434 sb, ported dart 230 heads, 657 mech roller, 850 QF carb, 4500 converter. Never overheats, we put around 3 to 5000 miles on it a year. It has power brakes, but it was a no air car. It'll be out tomorrow. They are going over rules right now, when I find out more I'll let you all know. A friend that does my machine work is involved, he has a 79 Malibu that runs 10.50's right off the street, with a 434. I've seen it out every day this week.

Latest posts

Back