Dang I'm gettin' old!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Went to my 50th high school reunion this weekend... nothin' but a bunch of old folks there! Time really does fly when you're havin' fun!!! [ddd:eek:[ddd

BoB

My father told me after his 50 yr reunion, "The ones who were *****s in high school are still *****s."

My 30th is coming up. I have no urge to pay $50 for a $20 dollar meal with people i don't like.

I feel the same way most of my class were a$$ holes and I dont think they have changed ,, Why pay to see them again , if they were your friends you are already seeing them ..

I was thinking about how old Im getting today.I had to charge a battery and I used a battery charger that I bought 41 years ago--dang

Number 60 coming up in a few years. I've gone to 4 or 5 of them and enjoyed seeing a lot of classmates. The numbers are thinning however. I still live close to where I went to school and I see many of the "car guys" that were in my senior class.

I too am in the George Carlin camp when it comes to high school reunions. :D I guess I missed the 50th a couple years ago. Oh well.

My 50th is coming in a couple of years. I'm pretty quick still. Maybe I can catch some of those I couldn't back then....:rolleyes:
No really, why would I go to a reunion where chances are likely that 2 of my 3 ex-wives could show up...:D

My 50th was last year, never been to any of the reunions. Still see a couple of my classmates once or twice a year. From what I understand the only people who go to them are the jocks, the smart, and the ones who were involved in all of the school activities. None of those people were friends of mine.

We had one at I think was 5 years, nothing since. This year would be 40, but I haven't heard anything about one. Most of them I haven't seen since graduation, don't care about seeing them now. I've been here in this same spot 39 years, and none of them ever came here, so I'm not interested in them, either.

Seems like my high school experience was different than most of your had. I had a lot of fun and even learned a little bit.
I find it's interesting to touch base with classmates, once we get through the medical reports.

I went to a small country school here in W. Texas....only five kids in my class. Of those five, only two of us are left here in this area and one other living in Austin. We don't have a "class reunion" but do have a school/community reunion for everyone living somewhere near here or someone who once attended school here, any year, and it's a lot of fun.

Im from Lisbon Ohio and they do the all class reunions up the now ,,, I think they have more fun that way ... they do have a reunion at some ones house every 5 or 10 years for just our class ,, but the all class i think is every 10 years ,, I wish I could see some of my old class mates from there , but I only went to the 5th grade there then we moved south .. I did wind up in Lisbon at the same night they had the all class reunion , and they had booths and tables set up for every class .. and all the way back to the 60s If i remember right. Any way I was so tickled that i coudnt stand it ... finally after easing around kind of searching for the class of 82 table , I found it and it was completely empty ,, nothing but the Class of 82 sign and some sparkly flowers... nobody ,, no pictures, like ALL the other tables, not a dang thing ,,, very disappointed ... I said to my self ,,, self ? aint you glad you didnt travel 980 miles just for this ... ha ha ..

I've seen some pics of the babes I went to school with on facebook, they ain't babes no more :eek:, time has been hard on most of them! I'm just as good looking now as I was then, maybe even better looking! [ddd:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well I'm like Bob I have a lot of good friends from high school that I stay in touch with. I was back in Birmingham today for a funeral and went by to visit way an old buddy and talked about the 60's and "HOT RODS". We have a get together every year at the local car show of the "Old" Bibb County Hot Rod Boys from the 60's and 70's.

Latest posts

Back