:::ROUND 4::: SFBBPC - Submission Thread - Let There Be Light!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION THREAD - ROUND 4
Let There Be Light (aka lights and night shots)
Judge: bob w
attachment.php

Round 4 will be closed at 3:00AM on August 23rd

Quick and Dirty Rules: (should cover most of it unless you're editing)
----------------------------
***All entries must be a photo taken by you*** no matter how long ago.
Please, no bigger than 1024x1024 pixels. At least 500 pixels one direction.
There is very limited photo editing allowed. (see RULES thread)
Post up to 3 pics. One will be considered.
Amateurs only.
There is a Theme restriction. (see below)
No profanity, pets, or people. (Spectators in the background, etc. are OK)

***If anyone needs HELP resizing, editing a pic, or help how to use camera functions - ask right here in this thread.***

Full RULES can be found here: RULES
If you don't read them, don't be upset if your pic is disqualified.

THEME: Lights and Night Shots
------------
I guess Debbie Boone said it best. This round is all about the electric light! Not just cool head lights, tail lights, and such, but also what they light up! How about your ride under the glow of a neon sign? A trouble light shinning under the hood? Or maybe pictures of the past - like an empty light bucket on a twisted old wreck or a tin can full of used 1157's. I don't suggest the flashing lights of a squad car in your rear view mirror, but it might make a cool pic? So lets get the cameras revved up again and make Humphry Davy proud!

This is Rat Rods Rules, but we're not just about rats, so if it's got wheels, had wheels, is related to wheels, or is around your shop, it might be worth a picture.

Ready....
set...
tree.jpg

Go ahead Sam, disqualify it cuz there's people. I like this shot because that's tire smoke diffusing the sunlight
Not rat rod tire smoke unfortunately.

Bob, as the Judge for this round, you'll be the one to pick the 10 photos that go into the poll - so you can't submit pics this round. It would kinda be a ringer. Very cool pic though!

Okey Dokey! Folks, please ignore the two pics I posted. They're there just to get the round started.

Last edited:
"Wall Hangers"... or... a traffic light flanked by a pair of crusty headers.

I shot this in total blackness with a dimmer/rheostat on the traffic light (incredibly bright at full voltage) and a small "strap-on your skull" work lamp. (It's really a helmet... my mom makes me wear it.)

It doesn't have to be night shots. It just has to do with lights! Apparently I didn't make that clear. But hey, night shots ARE cool.

If I were to enter these might be mine:

Attachments

• IMGP8279sml_zpsf3d29011a.jpg
    IMGP8279sml_zpsf3d29011a.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMGP5775a.jpg
    IMGP5775a.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMGP6376a.jpg
    IMGP6376a.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I took this one earlier this spring. Just stopped to open the door and thought it looked kinda kool.
Tim

Attachments

• 12038264_10207831108684881_7313730870116219011_n.jpg
    12038264_10207831108684881_7313730870116219011_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 155

Latest posts

Back