How's your weather????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful, crate, you're gonna get cancelled for taunting.:D

We are definitely experiencing climate change. The opposite kind.:eek:

We've had a pretty light winter so far and I thought if we could get into February without much bad luck we would be laughing. Mostly when I was trucking, February had two or three Chinooks, so that made the last half of the winter livable. This year is not looking so lucky. C'est la'vive.

"How's your weather ????" Freakin' beautiful just like it is supposed to be here this time of year. But it was about a month late cooling down and we are concerned that the heat will be back early now. But that was 2020 and all that craziness is behind us now right? .........right?

Dozer's got a point on this northern weather. It's a bright, cheerful cold.

yea.... I guess you`re right... :confused: -36C with no wind and sun must be great. At least greater than -36c with wind and no sun... :rolleyes:

I think there`s a kind of brain freeze involved here... [S:D

It's not nearly as cold as you western guys see, but it's been pretty chilly here all week. Night time temps -18C or so. The river is finally starting to freeze over, it's been a few years since that's happened. My kids and I used to skate on it regularly, and now it rarely freezes across. First picture shows the far side of our island frozen, but the channel side is still open, 2nd and 3rd pictures. These temps are supposed to last till next week so hopefully it will freeze over. The spring thaw and breakup is amazing to hear!

Attachments

• 20210209_105624.jpg
    20210209_105624.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210209_105634.jpg
    20210209_105634.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210209_105620.jpg
    20210209_105620.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 11
You can make an ordinary sentence into poetry, ORR. Good on you.

On the contrary, the sentence is poetry. All I did was present it as such. I found the words used to create an imagery that would otherwise kill a man in 30 minutes worthy of Longfellow or Poe. It made me want to be there. Or, it was just dry Canadian sarcasm. Either way the level of dichotomy is pure genius. [cl

I didn't say it clearly enough, ORR, but it was your presentation of Dozer's line that caught my fancy. I attended a seminar once on 'presentation', and learned what a difference it makes. There were many blue haired little old ladies there that could write fairly nice poetry, but most of their presentation was hopeless. I was in a different category, as I didn't write expensive poetry, only cowboy poetry, but I could present it more dynamically.
I appreciate that you appreciate our Canadian dry sarcasm. Thank you.
You should read some Bill Bryson travel books, as he has the dangdest things go wrong in his travels, but after you finish reading the book, you sure want to go and check out his route.

beautiful day here. just below freezing ,clear sky ,little wind

Attachments

• IMGP6383.jpg
    IMGP6383.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP6424.jpg
    IMGP6424.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP6450.jpg
    IMGP6450.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 5
Here in the big city of Portland, OR, we are being threatened with a couple inches of snow. One would think the sky was falling. My COVID shot got postponed! Buncha' flat-landers! :( :D

Latest posts

Back