The Black Beast -- kool story!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this one awhile back, may have been posted here I thought. Yes, great story.

Back in the time when if you had a good sales person that knew what codes to order you could get a race car right from a dealership.
I used to cruise Woodward as well as Gratiot Ave in the early to mid70’s.
Still some bad cars then but not like it was in the 60’s.
On Gratiot the cops could pull you over just for 2 cars driving side by side.
All the burger joints had signs in their lots about groups of car not being allowed .
Now they all have a monthly car show. 🙀
Torchie

And that's why I Love MOPAR. That was my dream car.

You would have loved brothers first car then POPS
69 Barracuda fast back.
RS package as I recall. A real sleeper with no badges and fog dish hub caps.
340- 4 speed with headers right from the factory. Dark met so green with a matching vinyl interior.
First car I ever saw disc brakes on. Front only
.It was a real go getter.😎
Torchie

Those were the good ole days!!!
I ordered my first new car on my 18th birthday in 1970. I wanted a Dodge Challenger but the Chevy dealer offered me a $250 discount on a
'70 Chevelle SS. I paid $4200 for it. That was a small fortune to me.

I parked it in the back shop at my dads shop, joined the Army and went to Viet Nam. My brother drove it 5 miles every month for me just to keep it from drying completely up.

I drove that car for 14 years till my lovely wife had our 3rd child and talked me into a station wagon!!!!!!:eek::eek: I'll probably never get over that.:mad:

just Friggin WOW.. totally cool story . huge respect for this guy and his family ... and about the best car story ive seen in a very long time !!!!!!!!!!!!!.....
Hemi Challenger mmmhmmmm

I ordered my first new car on my 18th birthday in 1970. I wanted a Dodge Challenger but the Chevy dealer offered me a $250 discount on a

I parked it in the back shop at my dads shop, joined the Army and went to Viet Nam. My brother drove it 5 miles every month for me just to keep it from drying completely up.

I drove that car for 14 years till my lovely wife had our 3rd child and talked me into a station wagon!!!!!!:eek::eek: I'll probably never get over that.:mad:

I wanted the SS too but cheaped out and bought the Challenger...426 RT/SE, nice as they came, but still not as nice as the Chevelle SS. I don't remember what I paid but probably not that much.

I wanted the SS too but cheaped out and bought the Challenger...426 RT/SE, nice as they came, but still not as nice as the Chevelle SS. I don't remember what I paid but probably not that much. Oh, and I was in Vietnam at the time....bought it at the PX and picked it up when I got home.

I was young once and I wanted a cool, fast car. When I ran into a school buddy that was a unique car salesman, one that would get you whatever you wanted, I told him I needed a newish, big block, four-speed muscle car. "OK, give me two thousand bucks and I get you one in a week or so". He showed up ten days later with a '69 Chevelle SS with 396, four-speed and orange paint. I drove it a wee bit and said "no, it's OK, but it's a Chev, so, no". I again said no to the Mustang with the slipping clutch. When he showed up at the house early Saturday morning with a dark looking car, I sensed right away, from the bedroom window, that, this was the one. When I got outside and walking around it, I realized it was a '68 Dodge Super-Bee, 383 Magnum, four-speed, and I needed it. I was grinning and nodding yes.
49 years later, it sits waiting for me in my shop.

Attachments

• IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1612.jpg
    IMG_1612.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1613.jpg
    IMG_1613.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back