welding cart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patina

I had a flimsy cart that came with my welder and it had no spot for the whips. I would like to see what you guys came with and show of you carts regardless. I found a old 50s lincon arc welder that was stripped so i started making one out of that.

Hey, I've seen one made from a shopping cart bottom, I made one for my little Lincoln, the whips, i wrap around the handle, so it'll be good to see what shows up here,Brian

:WARNING: Get ready to laugh :D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
..........I'm a carpenter not a welder :D:D

Weldercart2Large.jpg

Weldercart3Large.jpg

Its a hellava lot better that the one I wasted 80 bucks on from the Snap-on tool dude...........Good job it looks nice.

Made mine out of an old Napa tig welder that I bought for $75.00. It didn't work and only came with the arc welding leads, I scrapped the copper cables and all the internals & got my $75.00 back. Welded a bottle holder on it and away she goes.
weld cart 1.jpg

weld cart2.jpg

weld cart3.jpg

Here's mine I made from an old hand truck and bed frame.

Attachments

• welding cart 1.jpg
    welding cart 1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 60
  • welding cart 2.jpg
    welding cart 2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 57
Hi
Here is mine both Mig and Tig/plasma cutter and 2 gas bottles draw below for torch and consumables. I connected an extention cord with connectors for both attached to the cart. I added cable hangers after the pictures were taken. Here is my water cooler for the tig torch just finished.

have fun
tom

Attachments

• welding cart.jpg
    welding cart.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 41
  • welding cart (3).jpg
    welding cart (3).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 35
  • cooler assembly (7).jpg
    cooler assembly (7).jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 36
mig cart

For an excelent cart check out this site: www.sevilleclassics.com/products.php?pip=83

Sam's sells this cart for about 60 bucks plus about 15 to 20 min to assemble.
plenty of room to cut a hole in the top and second shelf for the tank to rest on the bottom shelf. Rated to 500 lbs. crome plated steel rods. Just bought mine and tossed my hobart cart in the scrap pile. No more crawling on the floor to thread the wire.
The wheels are about 4 inches and large enough to roll over small objects on the floor. Lots of storage. Made hooks for mine to hang handy objects on.
All four wheels swivel for great manuverability { to big of a word for me}.
Very high quality cart for my use![;)[cl

Latest posts

Back