Dream House?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy with what I've got. It's still a "working shop". Garage really. When I reach the age of incapability it then might become a "show shop".

I'm happy with what I've got. It's still a "working shop". Garage really. When I reach the age of incapability it then might become a "show shop".

Let’s hope that time is way down the road:eek:
Let me know when your there, I’m just four behind you :D

Snopro said "I hadn't thought about it being gated, but you're right it looks like it is. Gated communities with security are very rare around here (even the big dollar communities aren't usually gated), so it hadn't crossed my mind."

Funny story! back in 73 I worked for ma bell and back then there was a major subdivision going in one of my areas. This place was rich. Two gates with armed guards 24/7. Half million dollar houses back then were mansions. One weekend when some special event was going on, there were 22 home burglaries...
Seems the event was known to draw that crowd which made it pretty easy for one of the residents to do some pilfering. You have to wonder. Are they trying to keep someone out or in...:D

Should be pretty easy to figure out which of the neighbours wasn't at the party :confused:

Should be pretty easy to figure out which of the neighbours wasn't at the party :confused:

If I remember right, it didn't take the law long to figure it out...:D I've frequently thought that gated communities were kinda unnecessary. But then I think to now. We've got a gate too! It's a mile from here. Unauthorized guests don't happen often out here. They meet armed neighbors and atleast 8 dogs in their attempt and we all stick together.

If I remember right, it didn't take the law long to figure it out...:D I've frequently thought that gated communities were kinda unnecessary. But then I think to now. We've got a gate too! It's a mile from here. Unauthorized guests don't happen often out here. They meet armed neighbors and atleast 8 dogs in their attempt and we all stick together.

Yeah, we'll be getting a driveway gate. This past summer we got enough questionable people in our yard offering driveway sealing and other services I happily do myself. Regardless of whether a gate would stop theft, at least it would stop that crap!

I'd love to have a larger, enclosed heated and cooled shop, but truth is, the older I get, the less time I want to work on anything. I enjoy building stuff and using my tools, but I enjoy driving more....

I'd love to have a larger, enclosed heated and cooled shop, but truth is, the older I get, the less time I want to work on anything. I enjoy building stuff and using my tools, but I enjoy driving more....

Half the time I go out there, grab a pop from the fridge, and stare at whatever of my classics is in the garage at the time and contemplate life. Sometimes it's a phone booth when I'm bs'ing with someone. Really it's a universal space where I can go to "get away", not always just to work on stuff, although it's getting well set up for that.

Latest posts

Back