28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks MM it goes down the hwy almost as good as my 2011 Chevy.

That's very important, especially if you have a few years on ya. If it is too uncomfortable and ill handling, a person quits driving the hot rod. Seen it many times.

^^^^^^^X'2 ^^^^^^
Agreed bob.
Why people build cars that are really nearly undriveable is a mystery to me.
I know that they go for the "Cool" factor but to me the cool part is being able to get in it and take it down the road with out feeling like 3 lbs of #$#%^ stuffed in a one pound bag that's been shook like by a British Nanny.:eek: :p
Not to mention not being able to see out of them as it's been way over chopped.
Now....
Having said that.
Even back in the OG days custom car guys liked to take a wingman(Or Gal:cool:) along as a spotter.
I guess I'm just getting old and cranky. At least for today.:eek::D:p [ddd
Torchie

That's very important, especially if you have a few years on ya. If it is too uncomfortable and ill handling, a person quits driving the hot rod. Seen it many times.

^^^^^^^X'2 ^^^^^^
Agreed bob.
Why people build cars that are really nearly undriveable is a mystery to me.
I know that they go for the "Cool" factor but to me the cool part is being able to get in it and take it down the road with out feeling like 3 lbs of #$#%^ stuffed in a one pound bag that's been shook like by a British Nanny.:eek: :p
Not to mention not being able to see out of them as it's been way over chopped.
Now....
Having said that.
Even back in the OG days custom car guys liked to take a wingman(Or Gal:cool:) along as a spotter.
I guess I'm just getting old and cranky. At least for today.:eek::D:p [ddd
Torchie

You are correct, my Essex was comfortable but very drafty and loud, any drive over 15-20 minutes required hearing protection.

OMG That is one beautiful work of art there Bro a lot of hard work went into that something to be very proud of for sure. The atf really made it stand out. I'm very proud to show pics of the car and say "My Brother built that" Great job Glen.[dr[cl

man thats a good looking car !!! just a good looking car ... nice build great result .. thanks for sharing !! (cool skid vid too lol !!) thank you for sharing !!

OMG That is one beautiful work of art there Bro a lot of hard work went into that something to be very proud of for sure. The atf really made it stand out. I'm very proud to show pics of the car and say "My Brother built that" Great job Glen.[dr[cl

Thanks Greg, sure hope we can get together to put some miles on it soon.

man thats a good looking car !!! just a good looking car ... nice build great result .. thanks for sharing !! (cool skid vid too lol !!) thank you for sharing !!

Thanks Crate.

I wish you could rate a youtube channel based on what you learn, thats some of the best education I have seen on the platform. [cl[cl[cl[cl

Update time, I have put just under a 1000 k on the car. Yesterday was it's longest trip so far went up to Swift Current 250k rounder. The only issues I have had is a noisy electric fuel pump on start up when the engine is hot and a starter that acts up once in a while when the engine is hot. The car rides and handles better than I hoped for, it's a joy to drive. 😁😁

That's awesome news Glen! How much sand was on the road in Swift? I was there 10 years ago this week - the streets were like driving on the beach, and the dust was incredible.

That's awesome news Glen! How much sand was on the road in Swift? I was there 10 years ago this week - the streets were like driving on the beach, and the dust was incredible.

Thanks Bill, the streets and dust were just as bad as you remember, I pulled out from a stop sign turning left, gave the old girl a little to much throttle and almost went around. 🤣

The only solution that I can see for you Dozer, is you give me that Big Block Dodge engine and I'll give you a flat head six that'll be more manageable, ---- for a guy your age.

Congratulations on a good long shakedown run.

The only solution that I can see for you Dozer, is you give me that Big Block Dodge engine and I'll give you a flat head six that'll be more manageable, ---- for a guy your age.

Congratulations on a good long shakedown run.

LOL MM thanks for the offer but I think i'm learning how to handle this one. :D

Latest posts

Back