Kechi 1949 3100 4.3 4L60e

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, its definitely a LOT of stuff in there. just behind the speaker grille is the gauges, the BCM, the outlet for the face vents and then the defroster, and the cowl vent and mechanism. but it all fits! its crazy how everything has an exact place it fits. cutting down the lens on the gauges was the key.

hoping to take it to pick up my daughter at school in it today. I am always showing up in dirty hoodies, I am sure they think I am a bum, it will be nice to show up clean in a project.

Clean is good, but dirt happens. I'm think'n you have broad form insurance. I do for just such an occasion. Nice look with the gauges, glad you kept the cover. My mo-in-law got in trouble in the 50's for ducking down low when her dad drove her to school in a model A pick up. :cool:

I was able to pick her up! got almost everything done except door cards. next update will be nicks 54, this one is done till sold, everyone always has honey-dos in negotiation.

Attachments

• IMG_5548.jpg
    IMG_5548.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 37
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5553.jpg
    IMG_5553.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5554.jpg
    IMG_5554.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5555.jpg
    IMG_5555.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5562.jpg
    IMG_5562.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5552.jpg
    IMG_5552.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 28
Nice job [cl
Yes I have install a couple of the electric wipers and you're right [S
I use the kit with the spring style clip instead of the e-clips, much easier to install.

WW107_P1_Main.jpg

s-l500.jpg

OI I actually bought one when I bought the kit, but it was so flimsy I didnt trust it. :(

Attachments

• IMG_5524.jpg
    IMG_5524.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 20
indeed she was! she loves her dad and loves the truck, she was more concerned with how loud slamming the door was. :eek:

working on nicks 54, making progress but I will post here when its done instead of clogging the place up with someone elses stuff haha.

we got some snow, but that didnt stop me from hitting a salvage for some wheels for kechi and a used tire seller for the tires. at the swap meet this year I picked up two more impala caps so I have all 4 now.

and i put kechi on craigslist, a guy took time out of his day of drinking mercury and electroshock therapy to offer me a really beautiful 36 4 door ford. when I said no thanks, not really my thing, he launched into a tirade worthy of commitment to a mental institution, disparaging the truck and calling me an arrogant male appendage. :rolleyes: I dont know how these people walk around, I was literally nice and respectful. I reported him, but in case that isnt the end of it he made the mistake of leaving the for sale card in his window in the pictures he sent.

Attachments

• IMG_5605.jpg
    IMG_5605.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5620.JPG copy.jpg
    IMG_5620.JPG copy.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5621.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5621.JPG.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 17
I'll admit I'd be tempted on a trade for a "really nice 36 Ford fordor". That said, some people just don't deserve to be in the game. CL does seem to attract some real winners. Better luck on the next call.

it was a really nice car, he bought it at mecum last year and I was able to find the auction video. in my admittedly uneducated and arrogant male appendage opinion, he got swept up in the auction and paid too much for a car he didnt really want. when I built the last 41, I got offered an original condition 36 2 door sedan, old paint and old glass and old interior, but still a great showing car and considered it more seriously than this one, but the answer was the same: what would I do with it?

maybe it was just projection of anger over his impulse purchase, maybe he read three lines in my two line reply? who knows, maybe he first emailed me sober and second email was drunk? by the way the selling price at auction was less than my asking price, which isnt firm but still.

We need to be careful with advertising. My recent break in came after advertising and sharing my rental address. Much more cautious now. Sorry the frontal lobotomy dude launched the tirade. Great snow photo.

it was a really nice car, he bought it at mecum last year and I was able to find the auction video. in my admittedly uneducated and arrogant male appendage opinion, he got swept up in the auction and paid too much for a car he didnt really want. when I built the last 41, I got offered an original condition 36 2 door sedan, old paint and old glass and old interior, but still a great showing car and considered it more seriously than this one, but the answer was the same: what would I do with it?

maybe it was just projection of anger over his impulse purchase, maybe he read three lines in my two line reply? who knows, maybe he first emailed me sober and second email was drunk? by the way the selling price at auction was less than my asking price, which isnt firm but still.
Ya gotta like the trade. Just like the ones I was recently offered. Not my thang. Press on, my friend.

We need to be careful with advertising. My recent break in came after advertising and sharing my rental address. Much more cautious now. Sorry the frontal lobotomy dude launched the tirade. Great snow photo.

I never use my address in any ads. I use the address of the local police station. I have an engine block I want to sell but I don't want to have any undesirables in my garage (lots of crime), so I'm not sure what to do with it.

I was selling a snowmobile and had a kid contact me, telling me his dad had just purchased the same model and year sled from a nearby town for almost $2,000 less. By the time I saw the messages he had sent me the bill of sale and photos of the sled. He wanted me to sell mine to him for the same price. When I declined he got rude, so I calmly pointed out that there was one in the same town his dad bought his that was no longer for sale that had a bent tunnel and other issues. Then he got angry at me, and his dad started texting me all kind of profanities and said I had no right to decline a "reasonable offer". I ended up selling mine for my asking price a few weeks later.

Last edited:
I never use my address in any ads. I use the address of the local police station. I have an engine block I want to sell but I don't want to have any undesirables in my garage (lots of crime), so I'm not sure what to do with it.

I was selling a snowmobile and had a kid contact me, telling me his dad had just purchased the same model and year sled from a nearby town for almost $2,000 less. By the time I saw the messages he had sent me the bill of sale and photos of the sled. He wanted me to sell mine to him for the same price. When I declined he got rude, so I calmly pointed out that there was one in the same town his dad bought his that was no longer for sale that had a bent tunnel and other issues. Then he got angry at me, and his dad started texting me all kind of profanities and said I had no right to decline a "reasonable offer". I ended up selling mine for my asking price a few weeks later.
Advertise it with e-mail contact only. Then, if they seem fairly sane, tell them you will meet them at a mutually convenient (safe) place to make the exchange. Like the police station parking lot. A bit of extra work, but not all that bad, if there are really issues.

I dont mind putting my phone number in the ads, I have a pretty good bullplop detector (ask my kids!) and most tough guys are just chest puffers who deflate in person.

it was just his quick switch that surprised me, one second it was "I understand, merry christmas" and the next it was "cram it in your cram hole its a POS and you are a outie bellybutton"

almost done with nicks 54, would have been further but a squirrel committed suicide today on the transformer and we lost power for 3 of my 4 hours i had to work.

so my youngest and i decorated the truck for the christmas eve party.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5698.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5698.JPG.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 57
went by grandmas and picked up the other two poverty caps from the new shop.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5716.JPG.jpg
    IMG_5716.JPG.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Back