Child restraint laws in SC

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree 100% under normal circumstances but,,, how was she to get home? When I was a kid, there are 5 of us, WE OLD RODE AROUND IN CARS WITHOUT SEATBELTS , ALL SITTING IN THE FRONT SEAT OF MY DADS COMPANY TRUCK. We survived.

And that quote sir shows your level of intelligence.
In my world there is no reason to resort to personal insults especially from the safety of your keyboard.
You openly ask for advice on a forum and should expect and be able to take opinions no matter how negative you think it may be,and to openly admit you posted on this forum to ascertain if the ticket was legal is in itself ridiculous considering unless you have eith a S.C. Police officer or Lawyer reply it's all irrelevant.

Last edited:
And that quote sir shows your level of intelligence.
In my world there is no reason to resort to personal insults especially from the safety of your keyboard.
You openly ask for advice on a forum and should expect and be able to take opinions no matter how negative you think it may be,and to openly admit you posted on this forum to ascertain if the ticket was legal is in itself ridiculous considering unless you have eith a S.C. Police officer or Lawyer reply it's all irrelevant.

I ask for advice, not a bashing. I ask that you think before you belittle or judge someone. As I said before , I was asking for advice in general, not necessary legal advice. The advice had to deal with automobiles..is this not a car forum? There may even be a SC police officer or lawyer on this forum ! Have you considered that possibility Bob? Have a good'n from this dumb ole southern country boy.;)

Tickets

Bob gave his opinion,big deal,no need to go ballistic. As far as the tickets you might get the one dropped about you not having one on since the car wasn"t equipped from the factory with them but the judge is going to chew you up and spit you out ,not having the child secured no matter what your excuse is. Honestly you would be better off paying the ticket and chalk it up to lesson learned.You got caught after making a stupid decision,happens to people all the time. You are lucky the cop didn"make you call somebody to come get the child and make you tow your car home.Thats my advice and opinion .:cool:

Again, the point is that we can dispute these types of things....

We live in a country that allows us to dispute this type of thing.... we all have different opinions and are allowed to voice them.... no need to get personal about this.... a guy asked for our opinion...right or wrong we have done that.... Thank God we don't all think alike..... let's just say we agree to disagree... all things aside we are all intelligent people and regardless of whether we agree or disagree we at least still have the constiutional right to express them..... God bless the USA...

We live in a country that allows us to dispute this type of thing.... we all have different opinions and are allowed to voice them.... no need to get personal about this.... a guy asked for our opinion...right or wrong we have done that.... Thank God we don't all think alike..... let's just say we agree to disagree... all things aside we are all intelligent people and regardless of whether we agree or disagree we at least still have the constiutional right to express them..... God bless the USA...

Very well said sir!!

I think the proper scientific model isn't how many of us rode around without seat belts and survived unscathed but how many have been in collisions without seat belts and didn't get hurt or killed...
Naturally seat belts serve little purpose in accident free transportation. Sadly the parameters of reality exceed the sensory abilities, intuitive, decision, and motor skills of everyone.

Nobody's smart and skilled enough to prevent everything bad but were surely at least smart enough to know that we can't....

.....wrong forum.....

....if it has belts I always wear them, but as a kid I survived many a trip to Florida laying in the back window of my dad's old sleds. We also rode our bikes without helmets, shot BB guns without safety glasses and even played with lawn darts...man those were the good old days.

I got stopped the other day while picking up my grandbaby from daycare. I was driving the 64 bel air which did not come equipt with seat belts. A hwy patrolman gave me 2 tickets! One for me not having a seatbealt and one for my grand daughter not being in a car seat. I explained to him that the car did not have seat belts nor did it come from the factory with them. I explained to him that i thought a car seat flopping around in the car unsecured would seem more dangerous than not being in a child seat. He disagreed, my ticket was 25.00, her was 155.00!! My court date is next week, can any one give me some advice?? Thx Tom
PS. This happened in the state of SC
Ticket dropped due to car being a 64 model, plus tha fact that i have since added seatbelts was a factor also. Glad this is over and behind me, thx for all the advice/comments, both pro and con :) [cl[cl[cl

That's cool........

Ticket dropped due to car being a 64 model, plus tha fact that i have since added seatbelts was a factor also. Glad this is over and behind me, thx for all the advice/comments, both pro and con :) [cl[cl[cl

I love it when the system works....[cl

Great glad to hear that. The really sad part is you should never been given a ticket to start with.

NO, the sad part is that someone would drive their child or grandchild around unrestrained. Whether there is a law or not for the year of vehicle, the first thing I do is install seatbelts , its just wrong not to.

NO, the sad part is that someone would drive their child or grandchild around unrestrained. Whether there is a law or not for the year of vehicle, the first thing I do is install seatbelts , its just wrong not to.
Read previous post why grand child was in car! You meean to say , you never been w/o a seatbelt? If you are my age or older you have...Does that make your Mom and dad bad parents?? just asking [S

splintn2....

I am not stereo typing, but its seams that ALL the negetive post/replys are ALL canadians!!! Why is that??:confused:

First of all, we should move this to the BS lounge as I am sure that this topic could probably muster a few more blurbs..... secondly, being from Michigan I know a bunch of Canadians.... they are great people.... some of my best friends are from Toronto..... lastly, don't take this as a personal attack because someone voices their opinion about something.... it's merely their opinion and they voiced it.... again, agree to disagree with it.... Ok...all's good....lets move on.....please....:D

Latest posts

Back