Central Texas Newbie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster

What's going on everyone! Well first off I know it has nothing to do with rat rods (or does it) but Sun dress season is upon us and there are so many hot girls running around here I can't focus.

Anyways just thought I would introduce myself. I'm a Colorado transplant to central Tejas via ways of the Marine Corps. I have been into cars all my life but never owned or built a rat rod. I have had a few cars in my life and really want to learn/build a rat rod. My ideal rod would be a 30's-40's Chevy or international dually. I'm into all things American. Cars, guns and women ahaha. I'm currently building 2 other project cars. So I'm tight on cash and figured a rat rod would be perfect on a budget. So if you're in the Austin area and have an old truck cab let me know. Or if you're looking for an apprentice id love to learn from someone who does this on a regular basis. I'm a very hard worker and fast learner.

Thanks and I look forward to being a member of this community and hopefully building a rod to showcase here

Welcome to RRR!

Show us what you're working on. (Unlike other forums, your projects and builds of any sort are welcome here. :D)

Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. It seems like we showcase our 'building' more than the finished hotrod, so let's see what you're doing.
Don't spread yourself too thin, having too many projects on the go at once. I might be dangerously close to the line that I advise people not to cross, so I know what I'm sayin'. Good luck.

welcome to rrr, from a texan in bama. we like to see pretty much any projects and don't mind when a lady slips into the pic as well.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. Like I said I just joined and I am eager to start a project. I'm looking for a 30s-40's truck cab bed and grill if you know someone with a decent priced truck for me to adopt. I would prefer an international or Chevy but I'm eager to get started. Never built a rat before so looking for a fun project. Everyone asked for pictures, unfortunately at the moment I have none as I haven't found my project to start. But as soon as I do I'll post. Best regards.

Welcome from lower Alabama .. and like was said we dont care if a shinny projuct or rat rod ,, we like to look at what ever your working on .. there is a man on here that delivers and I think he still has a few cabs.. as far as a bed that can be made if you cant get one .. (its just a box ) :D:D

and thank you for your service sir !!!!

Last project

I think I am really going to like it here lol. So everyone wanted to see some pictures of something I had been working on. This is the last project, I was working on. I actually just offloaded it to fund another project.... that has been sucking my blood dry. That's why I am hoping to get into a rat rod project on a budget. This was an 83 El Camino, with built 350 motor. It wasn't a race car, but it was/is very fast and sounded great.

Attachments

• 20150222_162131.jpg
    20150222_162131.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20150222_162201.jpg
    20150222_162201.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 12
  • 20150222_162615.jpg
    20150222_162615.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 11
Nice elco Monster....

that interior is insane....like those green peppermints my grandma used to give me...lol...seriously...nice work...had to be fun to drive...

Latest posts

Back