Newbie from Texas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruckRat

Hi everyone. I'm originally from Tennessee but moved to Texas about 15 years ago. I've been welding, fabbing for about 30 years. Been working on big trucks about 6 years. Im lead man now and ran the shop for about a year. I love the big fender 30 and 40 cars and trucks. Don't have a shop but a garage I will use when I need to and the rest will be done in back yard. I am starting my first build and decided for my first one I would do a 1940 Chevy truck. It'll be some what of a rat rod bobber. Got the cab, bed and frame and bought a 1978 Chevy c-10 for drive train. Parting it out and will have all or more of my money back and drive train for free. Then I'll sell some of the original parts from the 40 to get some of that money back. I'll be starting a build thread when I get some of the work started so I don't keep everyone hanging. I ordered spring, perches and shackles yesterday. I also fabbed a front spring perch today. I will be using original axle like Hotrod preacher did in the 52 build. Look forward to checking out all the builds I haven't looked at yet.

Welcome from Flawda! Most of the guys around here won't believe it happened unless ya post pix...heheh! Sounds like you're making a good start!

Welcome to triple R

Good start, we'll be waiting for pix [P
We have a few members in you area.
I hope to be in FW around the end of the year, maybe we get a cup of jo[S

I'll be posting some pics before long. I'm about to have to go back home within a week or so because my kid is having her first baby. So I'll try to get some more done and a thread started when I get back.

Latest posts

Back