Central washington rat rod show

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our first cruise in is tomorrow and i have to work. The big McDonalds cruise in is may 27th. I hope I'm road worthy by then.

... just wondering how you guys feel about having to pay to create a carshow...
Not a very usual thing on this side of the pond. Personally I would never do that, but thats me. Visitors that need to pay to get in, I can live with, but I think it`s kinda weird to have guys who spend their time and money on building this stuff pay to have someone else enjoy the results [S

sorry for the off-topic... sounds like a cool show. Not much car-stuff going on here

California busness plan

It made the Good Guys ...We called them the "Greedy Guys" Rich. Charge both the visitors and people bring their cars. The two large cars shows here in our area put on by the Automotive scholarship programs at the colleges, NO visitor parking charges . and $ 5 to get in. The Local car club swap meet and show all free , the food vendors and swap meet sellers have to pay .

Dutch, you asked for opinions on the car builders having to pay to show off their cars. I have opinions.
I agree with you that the guys who put a thousand hours and a lot of money into a car, or guys who put many thousands of dollars into a car shouldn't have to pay more to show it off so more people can be attracted to the car show and the gate receipts will be overwhelming. It's not right; we are the entertainment, we shouldn't have to pay for that job.
But, we do, in many cases. And there lies the rub. We will pay to provide the entertainment for a management group to exploit, so that's what will happen. I have seen the enemy and 'they are us'. Now, don't forget that we may pay to be the show, but we also get to see a car show, maybe get a meal or two, maybe a T-shirt and dash plaque, we get to BS with a lot of like-minded enthusiasts, and we may get a chance to win a prize, so it's not all bad.

yea, I guess you have a point there... I went to every show I could possibly get to in the 90`s ,but never had to pay to enter. Seems to me the last decade or so that changed ( at least overhere ). I personally wouldnt eat anything at a show and dont give a rat`s a$$ about winning anything, so paying to be the entertainment always sounded stupid to me.... Thanks for yer view

Thanks guys.
I treat the shows as advertising. Like the truck we are doing now was business I picked up at a show. So spending 15-20 bucks and gaining a client is worth it in my eyes

yup I understand

At my age 73 I am strictly a looker has been who desires to be a wannabe.

As for $$$ I do understand both sides. Some events need $$$ to set up and put on show. If show and awards are given these cost$$$. A small fee might be appropriate from both sides. With out cars, trucks not a show. With out show goers who they gonna show off too?

Those vendors need pay $$$ for right to set up and sell. Maybe a % of vendors profits, "if their truthful".

To my way of thinking all events require some $$$ have, unless the group putting on have deep pockets. Possible to get sponsors for 100% of event costs.

I have left events, LARGE SHOWS" where the $$$ was too much in my opinion. Yup, I know it takes $$$ to make anything happen.

nuff sed for now

Latest posts

Back