'56 Ford Club Sedan Mild Custom

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been driving the Ford a lot while chasing parts and pieces for the home remodel job. It runs great, and is a ball. The driver's window channel was installed before I got the car. It was new, so I didn't mess with it. Whoever did it left the bottom free to move around, probably for lack of the right bracket. The result is that the window comes out of the track. I had to take the door apart twice and fix it. My problem is that I don't know what the original bracket looked like to place the channel in the right place. I pretty much got it rolled up and made it solid the last time, and will mess with it this winter. I wanted to make sure the window wouldn't fall out of the channel on my trip to and from the last local car show next weekend. Snow is already flying on the passes, and the temps have dropped considerably. Driving around with the window down would probably be a little brisk. :D

I got the stickers I was playing with printed and will take some to the show as a few folks have been asking about them. If any of you folks are interested, I put an ad in the Misc For Sale forum here on the site. Thanks to those of you who already ordered some..any profit will be used for car parts. :)

PS... I just passed 1,100 miles on the Fairlane since the first of September!

Your 56 turned out great! I have a soft spot for 56's, grew up riding around in my Dads 56 Sedan Delivery, my brother still has it to this day as well as a 56 Crown Victoria, Meteor Rideau, the Canadian version.

I also have a 56 Meteor Rideau two door, my high school car. Since I've been watching you Animal, I have a real hankering for a 56 Ford to drive. Mine needs a little TLC. I'm going to keep watching you anyhow even if brings tears to my eyes once in a while.

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 22
I also have a 56 Meteor Rideau two door, my high school car. Since I've been watching you Animal, I have a real hankering for a 56 Ford to drive. Mine needs a little TLC. I'm going to keep watching you anyhow even if brings tears to my eyes once in a while.

Your 56 turned out great! I have a soft spot for 56's, grew up riding around in my Dads 56 Sedan Delivery, my brother still has it to this day as well as a 56 Crown Victoria, Meteor Rideau, the Canadian version.

I've always thought the Rideau was a great-looking car! My dad had a '56 Customline and I had a '56 Club Sedan at the same time while I was in high school. His old car is sitting with another Customline, for sale. The guy wants way too much for them, and they're both in sad shape. I've wanted to get Dad's old car for over ten years, but just can't pay the price the owner wants. :(

I've always thought the Rideau was a great-looking car! My dad had a '56 Customline and I had a '56 Club Sedan at the same time while I was in high school. His old car is sitting with another Customline, for sale. The guy wants way too much for them, and they're both in sad shape. I've wanted to get Dad's old car for over ten years, but just can't pay the price the owner wants. :(

The 56's were a great year for Ford and Mercury. My HS car was a 56 Merc Montclair. 2 door hard top. 312 Y-block.
Regretted the day I sold it and still do. Prices on these have gone out of sight as well.
Enjoy your ride. [cl [cl :cool: :cool:
Torchie

Torchie, I had a '55 Montclair 4 door, what a great car and classy looking, too. I bounced it off a guardrail one night, banged up the whole right side. :(

Here's a couple pics of my brothers Crown Vic and Sedan delivery. Both have gone through several resto/rebuilds (the Sedan Delivery had its first rust repair done by my Dad in the early 60's - very rust prone..). The Crown once had an SCJ 429, Toploader 4speed and 4.11 9" and ran at the drags but he went Grandpa on me and put it back to stock with a 312 auto. The Delivery now runs an injected 302 & C4 auto.

Attachments

• 6027830451_14687884df_b.jpg
    6027830451_14687884df_b.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 1956-meteor-rideau-crown-victoria-flickr-photo-sharing_01.jpg
    1956-meteor-rideau-crown-victoria-flickr-photo-sharing_01.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 43594907945_c6c42283c3_b.jpg
    43594907945_c6c42283c3_b.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 31
Way to go turn'n them wheels Animal. [cl

I'm think'n a cordless sawzall MM to get started and dig er out :cool:

Nice photos ZZ, pure class. [P

I went to a small show about fifty miles away last weekend. The Ford did really well, no issues other than not being able to roll down the driver's window for fear it'll come out of the track. Drove it a hundred miles or so yesterday in constant rain...sure am glad I spent the money on the electric wiper conversion! The delay feature is awesome to have in an old car, too. It's something I take for granted in the newer stuff.

I don't think I ever posted a pic of the engine compartment after I got everything where it belongs...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Engine compartment finished.jpg
    Engine compartment finished.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back