28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered an Eastwood Powdercoat system, finally arrived yesterday:D:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Battery box 004.jpg
    Resize of Battery box 004.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 108
The learning curve continues. I finally got the battery/ air tank compartment complete. Having a bead roller is really good, but knowing how to use it without completely ruining a bunch of steel is where the learning comes in. Small panels are not bad, but when you get to a larger more complicated panel like the lid for the battery compartment, warpage becomes a problem. I have watched hours of good youtube videos that all help a bunch, but there is nothing like hands on experience. Pre-stretching with and english wheel is so important, and with a practice you can learn how much to pre-stretch.
It took about two hours of hammer and dolly work to get the lid to sit almost flat.
Anyhow here's where I'm at.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And a short video pdate from my youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/MCIBZun0S30

Attachments

• Resize of Compartment 001.jpg
    Resize of Compartment 001.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Resize of Compartment 002.jpg
    Resize of Compartment 002.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Resize of Compartment 004.jpg
    Resize of Compartment 004.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Resize of Compartment 005.jpg
    Resize of Compartment 005.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Resize of Compartment 006.jpg
    Resize of Compartment 006.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 83
Looks really good Dozer...[cl[cl

You may have already thought about it but if things get a little warm
in the compartment you could add something like this with maybe a
thermostat..???https://www.bravoelectro.com/fans-components/fans/e1225e12b1-fsr.html

[P[P

Thanks FBP, never crossed my mind actually. The compressor I had on the Essex was in a pretty tight little compartment and never gave me a problem. I don't raise and lower the car much so unless I develope a leak it should not run very often. What your suggesting would be cheap insurance.[cl

Happy Canada day everyone. Sitting in front of the fire with a coffee watching the birds.

Attachments

• 20190701_075720.jpg
    20190701_075720.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for checking up on me Doc, life really gets in the way some times.:rolleyes: It was coffee I was drinking, I can't get an smart phone picture to turn the right way to save my soul.
I have started working on the dodge about 20 times only to be called away to other projects, it's getting a little frustrating.:mad:
Friday we go on holidays for a 10 days with a couple of our grandaughters 11 and 13 should be fun :eek: If your around next week Doc I'll give you a call.

Latest posts

Back