Ls swap 57 bel air

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patina

My wife got a pretty sweet 57. And it’s got a 327 power glide. I got a disk brake conversion and power booster. We were thinking about swapping in a 5.3 but I was was wondering if it would fit with out hacking the firewall? I seen a few down but most of the them look like they have a modified fire wall

My wife got a pretty sweet 57. And it’s got a 327 power glide. I got a disk brake conversion and power booster. We were thinking about swapping in a 5.3 but I was was wondering if it would fit with out hacking the firewall? I seen a few down but most of the them look like they have a modified fire wall

I'd keep the 327. Most of the 57's you see now have LS engines, and the 327 is great. Put in a 700R4 or 4L60E if you like, but the 327 always is and will be cooler than a 5.3.

Seems to me putting a FiTech or similar on the 327 would achieve that too?

You are correct lol it’s all about what I can afford and what I can scrounge.
We’re not dead set on the idea but every ls swapped 57 looks like it got a modified fire wall. What ever we do choose I won’t be chopping anything off it

You are correct lol it’s all about what I can afford and what I can scrounge.
We’re not dead set on the idea but every ls swapped 57 looks like it got a modified fire wall. What ever we do choose I won’t be chopping anything off it

Fair enough. If you're worried about cost though, I'd think the LS swap is going to cost you way more than just putting an EFI system on your 327. Motor and trans mounts, the LS motor and trans, getting the ECU unlocked and any tuning, wiring harness, driveshaft, etc. The fuel system needs are more or less the same between the two, so that's not going to cost you any extra money.

I personally don't like that every 55-57 you seem to see now has an LS and would want something more unique and vintage looking.

Fair enough. If you're worried about cost though, I'd think the LS swap is going to cost you way more than just putting an EFI system on your 327. Motor and trans mounts, the LS motor and trans, getting the ECU unlocked and any tuning, wiring harness, driveshaft, etc. The fuel system needs are more or less the same between the two, so that's not going to cost you any extra money.

I personally don't like that every 55-57 you seem to see now has an LS and would want something more unique and vintage looking.

I would ran th350 and make my own mounts.

Latest posts

Back