49 Ford F6 Rat Duallie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My rear fenders are a little tight now but I have an idea to fix that and make it easier to get the wheels off if needed, but I hadn't had a chance to do it yet.
Here is a couple more shots of it as it sits today.

I am finally relaxing and having some fun with the 'Rat' aspect... that is re-bar wrapped around the wheel opening :cool: .

Thanks for looking and the comments!

Last edited:
I am finally relaxing and having some fun with the 'Rat' aspect... that is re-bar wrapped around the wheel opening :cool: .

Thanks for looking and the comments![/QUOTE]

So give in to the dark side and use that re-bar idea on your front wheel opening as well. Use the bar to create the wheel opening shape/size that you like and then come up with a design to connect/fill the space to the exsisting rear of the opening. May be some flames??? That would fill in some of that enlarged space.
Just my 1 cents as I'm feeling cheap today.;)
As I posted earlier. I dig the look you are working towards.
Torchie.

When I widened the rear fenders I ended up with a couple issues.
#1. I wasn't sure I had created enough clearance to keep the tires from occationally hitting the fenders.
#2. I wasn't sure I could get the back wheels to clear the studs for removal without a great deal of trouble.
My solution was to split the fenders again and add a 3 inch wide of 3/16 metal. I welded it to the inside half and drill and tapped a series of 5/16 holes which I used to mount the outside half, thus making them roughly 1 1/2" wider and removable.

What a BEAST! Great job on an obviously fun project. Looking forward to seeing the next bit of progress.

I was trying to organize my Photobucket account and moved a picture from an earlier post... So here it is again... plus I had to pull the truck out of my dad's shop so he could get his 41 Ford Deluxe sedan out to go to the painter's so I took some pictures of the Rat Duallie outside and there is a picture of the template to fill in behind the front wheels. I have the running boards I really need to get on soon and since they only go from the front fender to the back of the cab I'm thinking exhaust should come out between the running boards and the rear fenders.

Latest posts

Back